My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Have you ever typed with latex gloves your hands?

This is kind of cool....I feel like a surgeon or a criminal here, wearing these gloves while doing "my work"! The gloves are skin tight except for the fact that there are little bags at the end of the fingers because mine don't reach all the way to the tips. They make little whisper sounds, or more like shuffling sounds when I tap the keys. Since we aren't attending worship or Sunday school this a.m., this was a good time to remove the silver from my hair, hence, the fancy gloves. Prior to applying the remover to my hair, my face was lathered with baby oil to prevent the yet inevitable tattooing that follows. I am getting to be soooo cool, now even sporting tats just like the others in "society"!
*
On Fox and Friends this a.m. the team on duty were laughing, or not so much, about how they know when something is cool and when it is not cool any longer. They were of the opinion that something loses its coolness when your mom also finds it cool! Like text messaging or listening to the same music as yours! This amused me big time because Justin is often quick to show me the "latest, greatest", trying to interest me but often to deaf ears. He has own musical tastes now except for those we've shared such as Mannheim Steamroller at CHRISTmas, TSO again at CHRISTmas, and our love of Italian arias. Plus the hymns, of course. One time our friend, Paul, in order to 'shame' Justin into getting his license asked Justin mockingly, "Are you going to ride with your mother and listen to show tunes the rest of your life??!!??". Show tunes? Just what did he mean by that? I hardly call the soundtrack from "The Phantom of the Opera" a show tune! Humph!
*
Justin recently showed me a website where I can watch older programs as well as newer ones, called hulu.com. Since I mostly listen anyway, it's cool for me to access this way and not waste downtime sitting in front of the TV. If I need to see a scene or facial expression, like on Seinfeld, I merely click and do a little rewind to watch what I wish. He and I text message each other as needed, not as the primary method of communication, of course, and we both enjoy our google talk chats when he can't be on the telephone. When he finds a lovely piece of music, he will send me the link so I can hear it, or send me the lyrics when he knows it suit my heart. He is the one who introduced me to a Lynyrd Skynyrd song, re-done, called "Simple Man" because he said it sounded like what I was about. So there!!!, Fox and Friends!!!!!
*
Well, after washing the excess silver remover from my hair, I am showered and dressed in what will pass as Jaguar gear. Joanne insisted I wear a turtle neck under my shirt so I won't be too chilly but the only color I had was a minty blue one, since the three red ones I have won't work as well. On the other hand, I am wearing a red scarf and red gloves so perhaps it is back to the closet for the more typical red color.......back in a flash.........
*
I am in red and much more satisfied with my outfit. Red is trademark for me, sort of, and since I don't have anything Packer in my wardrobe, I have to use my stock items. The "What Not to Wear" folks would not be upset with this either, my not having the sports paraphernalia in my closet. It just so happens that I had a few animal prints in stock, the WNTW folks would not approve!, plus my animal print shoes from Las Vegas, circa 2001. Who knew I'd need them to order to be the height of fashion?!? These "expensive" shoes, costing me $45 back in those days, were absolutely necessary to save my feet after all the walking we did. I think I started a bunion on my left foot from walking so much in not the right kind of shoe. I understand this also can happen in younger people, not only older, heavy women. Who knew???
*
Boy, I wish the sun were out, I'd feel better about the whole sitting outside in the stadium scenario. But I did vow not to complain about the weather because of the rotten stuff they are getting up north. I haven't heard about the CHRISTmas 4 Kids event yesterday at church but I trust it was a marvelous success. I pray it was so, such a wonderful outreach tool to our community and preschool families, as well as serving our own members. We can thank the Pates for getting this program underway at Good Shepherd, they are our spark plugs for kids' events!
*
Go, Pack, Go!!!! Go, Jags, Go!!! I will have a win/win day today!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am feeling better. Did not make it to worship cuz I needed to use the bathroom often. Didn't get to go and see Gabe either and I really wanted to but didn't want to chance it. We are now getting rain and then cold. My neighbor said that they city was out salting the main streets this morning. Wanted to get off as much snow and ice as they could so they don't become ice roads. I worry about mom cuz she has a doctor's appt tomorrow. I am still on vacation so maybe I will take her. Now I am going to finally take my bath. Need to get warmed up. Hope Lynn had a good time at the games except for the loss.

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi again,

We saw on the weather that your area will get mixed precipitation followed by flash freezing.....no one likes the sounds of that!!!!

Lynn spoke with Mom and I think I heard something about rescheduling the appointment. You'd better check with her about this....

Hugs,

Kim

Anonymous said...

Hey Kim!

I remember those days before Justin got his license but he wouldn't let any of us pitch in to help him learn either. What Paul said was funny but not true, the part about your music. He loved that music as much as you did so don't worry about it. Now Justin has his freedom and all that but still loves his mother, which is what counts. And you are cool! Hope the kids thing on Saturday did okay without you, this once.

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Anon.:

Thanks for identifying yourself! Just teasing, I appreciate the comments no matter the source. Yes, Justin is free to choose his own music, but I hope he chooses wisely. I know the Lord is in him and that's what counts. He is free with his own transportation now which was a long time coming! I am no longer his wheel man!

Kim