My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Monday, December 29, 2008

Monday morning comin' down

Sounds morose almost, doesn't it? Justin and I are waiting for my sister-in-law to collect us from Mom's house so we can enjoy a nice lunch together before we head out tomorrow. Alayna needed the car for a short while and Mona offered to pick us up. Little Missy, as we like to call Alayna, will be watching my friend, Linda's, grandkids for a bit this afternoon since Linda has a nail appointment, and then the bunch of us are going to spend some time at her new house. Mom, Justin, and Alayna haven't been there yet and Justin wants to see it before we head back to Florida.
*
It's been a busy day already----Lynn, Alayna, Mom, and I went to visit my Auntie Marie who lives exactly one block south of Lynn, they even have the same house number, one street apart! I get a big kick out of her, she's so lively yet for a lady her age. Auntie may be about 86 but seems quite full of fun yet. She misses her lady friends who have either passed on or moved into nursing homes. Alayna and I had to leave but Mom, Lynn, and Auntie were going to have lunch somewhere. Maybe we'll run into them out and about! Lynn had to walk back home to get her car, refusing the ride offered. Justin, like his father, is in the shower as I write, even though our driver will be here in less than 5 minutes........
*
I'll have more to write later when we get back here from Linda's, so check in again this evening. We'll have to pack our bags tonight and have them ready for when Lynn picks us up at 6:30 0r so in the morning. Justin is really looking forward to getting back to Internet land, lamenting that he's behind in his "tech" updates. Oh, yeah, me, too! I am lamenting having to work on the financial junque for Court when I get back, it really burns my biscuits that I must upset my entire household and schedule for this, but it is in my best interest to do so. It's all about protecting myself, my assets, and my future, and mainly, my joy!

No comments: