My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Let the day begin!

Hey, where is the sun this morning???? It did not wake me like it normally does and I can barely see it peeking out behind the clouds in the buttermilk sky. Joanne left here quite early as she has an appointment with clients in Welaka first thing to write a contract on a condo in foreclosure. I mentioned them yesterday, I believe, the 50 cent on the dollar sale price. Terrible for the developer but a fantastic buy for those in the market to purchase! She got home before I did last night but did not last long in the family room before heading off to bed.
*
Yesterday I attended a Tupperware Party at my friend, Kelly's, house in Fleming Island Plantation. Arriving fashionably late, I missed the consultant's demo of the microwavable dishes in which she made a chicken and then "baked" a cake. The reason I was late was I could not locate my invitation and finally had to call to find out the time. NOW!! It did not matter, I was not planning to buy more Tupperware as I have become a fan of Gladware disposable/reuseable storage dishes. Tupperware reminds me of a "Seinfeld" episode where Kramer gives a homeless man the leftover Chinese food in a Tupperware bowl and is upset the homeless won't return the bowl. "It's assumed!!!" Not having his Tupperware bowl really throws Kramer for a loop!
*
While not being blown away by the plastic bowls and 36 minute chicken, I did meet and chat with some nice people, including Kelly's mom and sister. In her first life, Kelly was a beautician, and she graciously offered to do a repair on her friends' haircut before she left. Throw on the animal print plastic drape (not Tupperware) and the scissors flew, adding layers to the original haircut. She did this in a room separate from the party but where we could sit and watch. What a great friend Kelly is!
*
Her family was making plans or nonplans for the evening so we made our own to go visit Twila at the hospital. The area where the hospital is located is near where Kelly used to live so she knows it like the back of her hand. I let Kelly be the 'wheel man' for our trip. When we got to the hospital and walked four miles to Twila's room, we found Jean sitting there with Twila. She had stopped up after work and was going home shortly so we took over for Jean. Twila had been feeling urpy and had indigestion much of the day but when we left, she thanked us, saying we took care of her indigestion problem with our visit. Again, just another service I offer! I wonder if they had anyone in the hospital waiting to pass a kidney stone...............
*
Today will be full, at least the first part anyway, as I am going over to church to clean. Not my favorite job but necessary nonetheless. From there I am heading toward Justin's place as we are attending the opera again today at his invitation, which is at one o'clock. We are trying a different theater to avoid, possibly, having feed troubles from New York. ".....looking all New Yorkish............" Oh, Suzanne, you just break me up!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have lots of sun here unfortunately it is also very cold. Something always has to happen on Dan's b-day party day. It shouldn't stop Lynn and Grandma from coming. I do not know if Kerry made it into town or not. Just having pizza and cake. Can u believe that I had to buy other ice cream cuz I forgot to get some from work. Around it all day and then forget it. Must finish my cleaning. Have a great day. Love and hugs!

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Jill,

Sorry to hear about the terrible cold temps you have again. Like I told Kerry, it is cold here but not like it is up there!

Have a good time at the birthday party, and your store bought ice cream! That is just too sad, isn't it?

Love and hugs,

Kim