My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My neighbor died, too, last night.................

Skynyrd Keyboardist Dies
*
One of the last remaining members of Lynyrd Skynyrd passed away early this morning at his Orange Park home.
The band's original keyboardist Billy Powell dialed 911 shortly after midnight, complaining of chest pains and shortness of breath.
Police and Rescue found Powell in his bed room where the musician was pronounced dead.
He was 56 years old, and he was one of the band members who survived the band's 1977 plane crash that killed lead singer Ronnie Van Zant.

6 comments:

Dave Schipper said...

Wow... just a pup.

David

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi David,

Yeah, I know, but he has been through so much, just recently having his hip replaced AGAIN. I went to see his wife but her lady friends had her laying down, trying to rest. I will go back later to see if Ellen will let me in....

Hugs,

Kim

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your neighbor and friend Billy. Way too young but it just shows who is in control of our lives.

Jill

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Jill,

Yes, it is so very sad. Justin and I might go up to see if Ellen will see us....

Love,

Kim

Anonymous said...

I honor your grief... he was a young fellow.... so good to know what you knew about how he felt ... it's a party for him, now... the eternal one!
Judy

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Judy!

Yes, we had the conversation that day when he came down here to my condo, concerning the Lord and salvation. He even showed me a text message on his telephone that he exchanges daily with someone who sends "inspirational" messages to him. His being "young" just falls into the blog conversation I had this week..........

Hugs,

Kimmie Cakes