My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Friday, January 9, 2009

Speaking of Linda.........

.............she is awaiting the birth, via c-section, of her newest grandchild in northern IL this morning! Her daughter-in-law had a rough go of it pregnancy-wise so prayers for safe delivery and health for mom and baby will be greatly appreciated!
*
Yesterday I received an e-mailed invitation to go visit my newest great-niece, born Dec. 31st in Palm Coast, an hour south of here. I am considering going next week and wonder if Justin wants to join me to meet Rayna, which means "Queen". He'd have to miss some work but Tina prefers visitors on the weekdays when her older daughter, Maya, is at daycare because she's a bit hard to deal with when the new baby is center of attention. Really? Hard to believe! They now have two queens in their household, besides their mother, that is!
*
My attorney's office totally freaked me out yesterday, although they've calmed me since, when the assistant sent an e-mail insisting I approve a document she'd sent December 9th. I'd done it immediately and sent it back via e-mail the very same day, but evidently she'd not gotten it, and must have only noticed yesterday!!!!! Ahhh! Truly I was on the ball, and I don't want to think it was them who dropped it, but..........I had Internet connection in WI if they needed to get something else from me, so we can't blame my traveling for this not being taken care of. They have assured me that it does not compromise my case in any way but still, I'm a bit concerned about how it makes "us" appear.
*
My friend, Dolly, saw the sister of our classmate in church recently and mentioned that we're reconnecting with folks via facebook. We are sort of kicking around the idea of having a mini-reunion when I am up in WI in May. It will be 35 years since we graduated from MLHS, and also from when I got married. My nephew, Dusty, graduates from high school on Memorial Day weekend but his folks are having the party the following weekend. My nephew, JR, is graduating from West Point Academy the same weekend, something Justin and I don't plan to miss. I'll have to save my nickels and dimes for this trip as we'll need a hotel in The City as well as air fare. I don't know if Justin will come to WI or not but he is adamant about getting to see JR march with his class. Plus going to New York City!
*
The dryer just stopped humming after bouncing my sheets around. Like Suzanne, I'll be sleeping on clean sheets tonight when I get home from scrapbooking. She lamented in her blog that she never remembers about re-dressing the bed until she is ready to fall into it. Glad it's not just me, but really, how can I avoid noticing when I am in the same room with the bed all stinkin' day? This morning I put on a sweater which was dried flat on the "passenger side" of my bed. Joanne didn't realize it was not a dryer top, so we made it wet again, and tried to re-shape it on my bed. It worked, I guess, it's presentable, but only if you don't mind the handsful of cat hair that cover it. Lynx found it to be quite comfortable for lying on, so now it's an angora sweater, I guess! Every once and again I pluck a hair or two off my tongue as it floats off my sweater and into my mouth.....yech!

6 comments:

Suzanne Chappell said...

Congrats to Linda and her family, and welcome to the new baby!

My biggest concern the day of the clean sheets was making sure I got John's pillow dry in time for bed! I had washed it, and it went through the dryer I think four times before finally being completely dry, and 9:00 at night! What is it about a man's pillow? Geez!

Laughs,
Suzanne

Kim Lahaie Day said...

You're a better man than I am for actually washing the pillows, too!!!!

I'll make sure Linda knows you send your good wishes her way. Linda and Tommy lost their first baby, a stillbirth, so this is really a pins and needles situation for them as well.

Justin told me why their returned security deposit was less than what we expected: it seems that he piled his clean clothes on the "driver's side" of the bed, and apparently the pile rubbed against the wall, marring the paint. His reason, I don't know, was the laundry soap caused it.........how about hangers????

Hugs,

Kim

Tarren Prange said...

There is a little girl in Lucas' preschool class named Maya. We have picked her for his future bride! She's such a sweetie. Have fun on your visit!

Dave Schipper said...

Maybe a dryer buzzing is an omen for a wedding that would last and last and last?

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Tarren,

Tina was chosing the names for children that other kids wouldn't have, and now you tell me there's a Maya in Mortgon Grove-----hmmm! So much for that idea! "My daughter-in-law, Maya".....yes, it has a ring to it!

Hugs and laughs,

Kim

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi David!

Thanks for commenting, I live on them!!!!

Yes, the dryer buzzing in the midst of a wedding ceremony----and then we had the Schmidty pictures to ice the cake!

Thanks for reminding me about that, and bravo for the long lasting marriage, by the way!

Hugs,

Kim

p.s. It's cold here, only 40 tonight.....