My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Sunday, February 22, 2009

A few words......yeah, right!

In a couple minutes I will be heading over to church for worship, pot-of-blessings meal, and then the meeting with LES Team who will report about their findings regarding adding grades to our preschool. Another Greek-styled sentence, long and run-on! A couple folks have contacted me about not being able to attend Sunday school or worship due to sick family members. They will be missed!
*
Already this morning there was excitement in the household as Joanne received a call from the Memory Care Center where her dad lives, asking her to come and help evaluate Dad. It seems he was having some respiratory problems and they did not want to send him to the hospital without consulting Jo first. She flew out of here Friday, too, as he was giving the staff a hard time about going on a zoo outing. She should just shower, do her hair, and dress herself before she goes to bed so she is ready to go when the call comes in the morning! I have not heard from her since she left, so do not know the status of Clyde or Joanne! She has planned to make us some supper tonight as we are staying home to watch the Oscars together. Mention was made that she would make meat loaf and macaroni with cheese and cauliflower. And, yes, it is good! I should go check what form of meat is going to be used in the meat loaf because she might try to slip some mystery meat in on me!
*
My lunch will be something quite delicious as our member-chef, Mike S. is making Boston butt for our main dish with others bringing dishes to share. Good eats! A hopefully well-attended meeting is following the meal when the Team will speak to us regarding their findings.
*
I wish that I could have attended worship at Victory today as they are celebrating 10 years of worship. My family was there for the first service, including Mom who made numerous canvassing calls on behalf of the new church. Timmy very much enjoyed sitting in the conference room chairs, spinning and rolling around, as any three-year-old would! They are having a picnic afterward but I know I'd never make it over there in time to share in that portion of the fun either. Thursday and Friday will be Victory days with Bible study and scrapbooking. I can celebrate in that fashion!

No comments: