My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Friday, February 27, 2009

I thought morning would never come

My poor eyes are so tired this a.m. because I barely slept a wink last night. Add another exercise to my work-out routine----tossing and turning 3/4 of the night! Although I had made up my mind to not let things bother me, I never should have allowed the thought of not letting it bother me into my head at all. Make sense? The harder I tried to sleep, the worse it was to let go, and let God.....
*
My mistake, depending upon how one looks at it, was venturing to the mail center in the lobby to see what was stuffed in my box. Much to my chagrin was a big, fat envelope from my attorney, which means, which means, which means---what? Once upstairs I opened it and found a more paperwork which spells out about the upcoming Court date in March. My "advisor" friend from church reminded me, certainly the judge will sort everything out fairly, and he further advised me to "not lose any sleep over this" so I did!
*
Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? 28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?
*
I do not wish to be thrown into the fire and truly I was not all that disturbed or upset by this packet of papers, but my brain took over and perhaps even the evil one wanting to stir me up when I was not even willing to go! Joanne told me this a.m. that she also had trouble sleeping and knows nothing of my paperwork---she just might have her own things stirring 'round in her pretty little head! My head kept going to "In Christ Alone" and those fine words offering their calming arms. One of my first memories of this anthem was sitting in the pew at First German, watching the slide show about the young people of the congregation on their trip to Washington, DC to canvass and such. As the slide show played, this small choir of young voices sang this hymn in the background, with periodic shots of them standing in front of the mission congregation they were assisting with outreach. Justin looked over at me, cautiously, and saw, of course, the tears rolling down my cheeks. He squeezed my hand because, as he told me later, he knew that was going to get me. "For I am His and He is mine, bought with the precious blood of Christ." "No scheme of man can ever pluck me from His hand....." So, tonight, I sleep, confident in the promises of the Savior.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim,
I'm sorry you couldn't seep last night. I thought our talk last night might help!! I know it is a lot to worry about, and I pray tonight will be a betty night. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understaning." Proverbs 3:5

Love and hugs
Linda

kathy b said...

Amen sister! You may not feel like you've won with this early battle but ultimately you have the victory in Jesus Christ . . . and we know that's what's most important! Hugs!!!

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Linda!

Have no doubt, our conversation was a true blessing, and as I said, there was really nothing huge weighing on me, just rolling some thoughts and conversations around in my head....and then it was morning! Ugh!

Hugs,

Kim

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Kathy!

Thanks for the reinforcement! As I told my friend at church last night, I am in a "good place" for the most part in my heart and mind about how this play out, and have to lean into the embrace of the Lord, who rules over all!

How was your party last night? I hope you had a good turnout and perhaps even made some money in the process!

Hugs,

Kim

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,

We sang In Christ Alone during our praise time on Sunday!

Isn't it funny, we lay our burdens down, but some how we decide to pick them up again....at least I know I do.

Hope for a better nights sleep and warm weather and Sonshine too!

Diane

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Diane!

Did you notice I quit calling you Dee Dee? You are so correct about going back time and again to collect the burden we "supposedly" gave to the Lord. "In Christ Alone" is sort of a
"Gospel in a nutshell hymn", like John 3:16.

Thanks for the good wishes of a sounder sleep tonight! I tell you, I am ready now!

Hugs,

Kim

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,

just to let you know, DeeDee is fine. People still do call me that...I just am not in the habit of signing my name that way any more.
So whatever is comfortable for you is fine with me.
Have a great day!
DeeDee/Diane

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Thanks, Dee Dee!

You can see what I prefer. Were you the one to tell me your interest in fused glass, or am I thinking of someone else? I got a notice from the Art Guild today about a class at a nearby gallery, but do not want to start another hobby or craft until my finances are more certain. Just thinking it was you!

Hugs and blessings,

Kim