My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Who gets wounded in their sleep???

Me! I did! I woke up with a pain in the leg this early morning, rather than the pain in neck I used to have---ha ha ha! In my dream, I was excited because Lisa had gotten Noah an exotic animal for his birthday and I was collecting lettuce heads from trees (I told you it was a dream!) for her to feed the beast. It might have been a gorilla or similar, can't be sure. At one point, as I was getting up from the table, I had to ask those going lettuce gathering with me to wait as I pressed my leg against the table leg in order to forestall a cramp coming on. Too late! I woke up in the throes of a leg cramp which has left my calf muscle feeling quite bruised. That is it! No more lettuce gathering for me!!!
*
Once I was awake, I stayed that way, being cautious about not repeating the movement or whatever which triggered the initial cramp. The best way to do this was to sit at my desk and let my feet hang down (don't laugh!) which allowed me to get the newsletter wrapped up and sent off. Joanne was bustling about getting ready for the day while at the same time talking on the phone. I guess her sister in Belgium called to see how their father was doing and such. I had not seen Joanne after she left for the airport yesterday a.m. to pick up her other sister, Toni, who flew in to sit in on a meeting with the Allegro folks. My bed already had taken me by the time she got home last night so I had only a few minutes with her this a.m. Which is why it works so well for us to share a home---she is seldom here!
*
This a.m. was Bible study at Victory and we have begun a new study, this time a "Focus on the Family" series about truth. Pastor had gotten it as a gift from his sister and did his own study on it awhile back. Occasionally he'd mention it so I looked it up on-line to see how much it costs, because it would make an excellent small group study. For less than $100 it could be mine, but at the time was not sure if that was how I wished to spend the money. We will see how I like this study before making the decision about buying it for myself and others.
*
After class I picked up Justin from UNF, waiting for him in the parent pick-up line, and, as he requested, we went to have lunch at Wasabi, a Japanese restaurant at the Town Center Mall. He has been so busy working to finish up a home for a customer that he has not been able to get away for lunch recently. This is a perfect opportunity for us, and we love taking advantage of my being there already for Bible study. Mmm! Good food! I brought home the leftovers but he is going to collect them from me at a later date, so I put them into the freezer. My fridge is full with leftover boxes and kettles of soup from last nights' Ash Wednesday Soup and Sandwich Supper. Only 17 people came to eat and we had so much food..........."but where are the nine?"

No comments: