My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Another full day of people-time!

In a few minutes I will be heading to church for worship, staying home earlier to brown my hamburger for the taco salad. Since I have communion clean-up after church I knew time would be tight for getting it done and chilled sufficiently before putting the salad together. Justin is coming over when he is done worshipping at his church and will complete his chores, hopefully, of vacuuming and cleaning my black iron doors. They look wretched, covered with dust, dirt and pollen. He thought he was getting off easy but figured out Friday, not so much!
*
Once he is finished, I am leaving for Middleburg to see the Woodruff family, with the required taco salad in tow. I must get there as early as possible to avoid missing Brenda as she is returning to church in the late afternoon/evening for Bible study or worship. Christine, who lives in the next home over from them, said she is giving Jimmie and me some alone time before coming over but she insists she will come at some point, at least to have some salad! I cannot get over people going ga-ga for my food! Brenda N. has such a full schedule today with church events, etc. that she cannot go with me. She has never been out there and I know she would like to go, just not this time. I would like to be home in time to watch the shuttle launch, on the hopes that it does go and it is clear enough for us to view it!
*
Last evening, I met Kathy B. at Ruby Tuesday for a quick dinner before we headed to Grace Episcopal for Kristi's concert. Their long-time director is retiring from the Orange Park Chorale so this concert series is momentous. We were greeted warmly by Kristi at the door when we came in, she called us the "contingent" from Good Shepherd. We found seats behind Dee and Blair and very much enjoyed the variety of music the Chorale performed. The version of the 23rd psalm was glorious, but some of the choices I do not care if I ever hear again. Like I said, it was a variety of musical offerings, something for every taste. Having been such a long, full day, and freezing half to death in the church, we parted company and I dashed the three blocks (in my car, of course!) home to the warmth and comfort of my bed! What a grand, glorious day with members of my church family and my Synod!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As usual we had another wonderful service. It was Morning Praise day and the choir and the teen choir sang beautifully. Mixed choir saang Do Not Let Your Hearts Be Troubled and the teen choir sang the psalm. Sad to say there were not many people at the 10:30 service. Must go and switch loads of wash. Love and hugs! I got an email from Paula Ferris and needs our prayers. Many family problems.

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Jill,

Morning Praise is my favorite Order of Worship, and especially the version F. G. uses. Our choir has sung "Let Not Your Hearts be Troubled" but it was many years ago.

Poor Paula, always so much terrible news from her family and such! I do so enjoy hearing from Susie regularly now, on the bright side!

Hugs,

Kim