My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Been to the store and back already

I had to do an emergency run to the store this morning, opting for a shorter run to the Winn-Dixie store only blocks away instead of Publix or Wal*Mart. The house was quiet when I came out of my room, so I figured Joanne had left for the day, then realizing her purse was still on the counter. Ah, she probably went out for her walk this a.m. I stood in the alcove by the elevator as I waited for it to come up for me, and when the door open, out charged Joanne! She was not expecting me to be there and about had an attack by the heart when she came face to face with me at the door!! Oh, how we laughed! I told her she could get her cardio workout just by seeing me outside the elevator door! And I was fixed up, not all ragged from climbing out of bed!
*
So, the emergency?? Two of them actually.....cat litter and silver remover for my hair! Joanne had the doors open last night to air the house because it smelled too "uriny" from the cat box, and we hope and pray it was the box and not on the carpets anywhere. Ewww! There is hardly anything worse than the smell of cat **** or a yukky dish cloth! Seems we have had this discussion already....
*
As usually happens, I came home with a few more items than only the two urgently needed so I managed to tote them upstairs in one trip. Cat litter is very heavy, I don't care who you are! The other two bags were not too heavy but I did have my purse, too, you know. The elevator took me upstairs and when the door opened----ta da!!! Hello, Joanne!!!!! Again!!! Oh, how we laughed....I pray no one was trying to sleep yet this morning at 9:00 a.m. with our howling on the landing. Twice in one day and never ever before, seems odd, does it not?
*
My back was aching from carrying my heavy load so I simply unloaded the bags onto the counter and came to my chair. In 30 minutes (get it, Mom?) will go change the cat litter and make my house fresh smelling again. Does anyone out there want a cat? Seriously....to a good home, heck, any home, a cat with a fresh box of litter! And I will throw in a container of tofu!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!!In30 minutes I'm going to shower.....I' delaying it because I will get dressed for 4o'clock church so I don't have to get dressed twice. Your Mother is getting old Kim...I will never forget 30 minutes.....that's one of those where you had to be there!Love,Mom

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Mom,

So, you had a chuckle already this morning, too! Certainly you do not want to get dressed more than once in a day's time.....I understand the getting old part, though, because of aching my back with my heavy load....Now I have to carry it downstairs and toss it into the garbage bin, overhand!

You had to be there....

Kim

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,
I was wondering if the cat will eat the tofu? I kind made me chuckle. I needed a little laugh, so thanks!
Linda J

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Linda!

No self-respecting cat would even look at tofu!! Glad you got a chuckle out of that story!

Did your workday end already? Is Wednesday in the bag or is there more to go???

Hope you have a cheerful day!

Love,

Kim