My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Waiting for news

Not news news, but news for the church newsletter...that might be how it got its name! Ya' think?? Pastor sent me an e-mail this morning asking if I can wait with going to press until he gets me a couple articles or pieces for this coming month's Flock Talk. This rarely happens, so once I got up off the floor, I answered him that I will wait, of course. The preschool is also hopefully sending me something to use but so far, only the Pioneers have submitted their report. Bravo, Jen!!! Linda J. has many folks who contribute a report or article for F. G.'s newsletter but I do not have those resources. Our staff is small and no grade school, etc. to offer news.
*
The other day on facebook, I saw that a "friend" from First German was rejoicing that her father would be celebrating Easter in heaven, and Judy R. wrote to me about it this a.m. I just supposed that Judy already knew through facebook, which is where I found out. Kari and Judy know each other as she was friends with one of Judy's daughter at Martin Luther College, and Kari is a member at F. G. We have a triangular shaped friendship, plus throw Linda J. into this mix! She is always in the mix! Kari is the young lady who remarked that Judy and I were "kindred spirits", and Judy had only that week given me a bag with that printed on it!!!! Talk about being pegged!
*
Kari wrote a beautiful tribute to her father and posted it on facebook. In it she mentions three grandchildren her dad joined in heaven and I asked her to tell me about them sometime. In no time at all she wrote back about the babies, and told me how she mourned with my family and me about our Timmy. Basically she said whether I knew it or not, she mourned with me. My mom would mention to her in church how much she enjoyed hearing Kari's little boy say The Lord's Prayer, that it reminded her of Timmy. Oh, those little but important things we took we for granted.....
*
Mom had sent me an e-mail this a.m. telling about how Kari played the organ on Sunday, including the chimes during the congregational singing of "Amazing Grace". At one point she stopped playing along and the congregation sang acapella for a bit. Mom said it was moving and beautiful, and did I mention, moving??? Jill told me about it on Sunday already so it left an impression on them. This week is Favorite Hymn Sunday at G. S. and hopefully I will get a peek at the list of chosen hymns to see if any of my suggestions made it. Once, when we got a sheet to write our favorites on, Richard S. said to me, "You are going to need more paper!" This time I limited my choices, but did include "In Christ Alone", hoping we get to sing it. Of course, afterward I thought of a few more but will wait until the next 5 Sunday month to put those in.
*
Many years ago, Kim's sister, Lynn, made the remark after her cat died, that while she missed the cat, she did not miss walking in cat litter. I feel her pain! When I went to transfer the "soiled" cat box material into the garbage can, the liner began to tear. Not good! Plan B was to get an outside-type garbage bag to pour the entire contents of the first wastebasket into the green bag and hopefully not make a mess. What a great plan! But it did not work! Somehow litter eluded the bigger bag and ended up on the tile floor for me to walk around in. Crunch crunch crunch under my slippers.....guess I could get the vacuum cleaner out or the broom...ugh!
*
My friend, Suzanne, would be happy to just have some gritty cat litter to clean up on her floors. She actually had to clean up after her cat, who, not once, but twice, delivered a bird into the house!!!! Perhaps I should simply count my blessings and sweep up the mess in the foyer!
*
A "post" script to this posting: I received a letter from my doctor's office reporting that my mammogram was Normal so more "news" for today!!!!

8 comments:

Suzanne Chappell said...

Yes, I had to clean up the bird once, but the second time, I shooed the cat and her catch out to the porch where she enjoyed her afternoon snack! I think I only had to pick up one feather or two! Eww!

Hugs!
Suzanne

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Suzanne!

Good thing the cat sort of cleaned up after herself the second time! Joanne brings home feathers for Lynx to play with so there must be some "natural" attraction for feathers. Which might explain the bird in your house!

See you tonight!!!

Hugs,

Kim

Anonymous said...

Cat litter cleaning is not my favorite job either. Soon it will be Dan's job. Jamie was sthe one who used to do it. S

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Jill,

Justin used to be the one to handle the cat litter mess, too, but since he does not live here, the focus is not on him any more. Often he will carry it upstairs for me and then naturally will do the changeover. He did pop in yesterday and carried the bag to the trash for me, without my asking him! I might see him for lunch today after Victory Bible study.....

Have a great Thursday!

Kim

Anonymous said...

Good morning; I have to make a correction.....Kari did not play the organ Sun.......Mr Menk did.....she was already gone on Sun. her name was in the bullitin so just assumed that it was she playing. I have to make a Wal-Mart run to-day for some household things .....they are predicting snow(possibly heavy) for the next few days so I'll go while it is nice out.

Love,

Mom

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Mom,

Well, now it makes sense about the chimes being used, right?

Did you get help Linda with the newsletter this a.m. before the snowstorm?

Hugs,

Kim

Anonymous said...

They are talking snow for us this weekend. It just doesn't want to stop being winter.

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Jill,

I heard about the potential for snow, and we might have 89 degrees above zero very soon, within the week. Man, there is much to be said about Florida!

"Warmly",

Kim