My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Before I cram, a posting!

You will never guess where I just came from---the pool! Yes!!! It is 80 degrees above zero, sunny, and calm. Pat (Miss Chardonnay) called me from poolside to invite me down to play "Rumikub" with Kathy and her. I agreed to play a couple rounds but then I had to come back up to "study" my paperwork. I wish to do that now, earlier in the day, than later when it might disturb my falling to sleep tonight.
*
I told Pat I would come down but was not going to put on my swimsuit, it was not THAT warm out yet, contrary to what northerners would think. She told me they were not wearing suits either and asked me to bring some Diet Cokes for them. The cabana is not open until after Memorial Day so we had to provide our own refreshments. It took me a bit to get into the swing of the game, not fully remembering how to play. I lost both hands to Kathy so if she beat Pat, too, I cannot feel too badly about my skill level.
*
Thanks to my sister, Kerry, who called early this a.m., I was NOT late for Sunday school. I did turn the clocks ahead which needed manual changing but did not bother setting the alarm on my cell phone for waking this a.m. Normally the sun rising wakes me but it failed me this morning. Oh, no, the sun did rise, I simply failed to respond! Thanks to Kerry for waking me up. I was asked to help out with the music but when I sailed into the classroom, Kathy and Janet were already in place to practice. Janet said that Suzanne really covered her bases so we had extra help, and only a handful of kids. I don't know if it was because of the time change or what reason, but only five of our students were there.
*
Janet offered to sing with the choir today so Kathy quickly ran through the melody with her between SS and worship. Our anthem was lovely, even with our "skeleton" choir, singing "The Lamb" from the Supplement. After church a group of ten went to have lunch at Sweet Tomatoes, including the new couple from church who are soon to become members. They are from the Chicago area originally and are familiar with Morton Grove! I am such a name dropper!! We had such a great time, lots of laughs and made good, sound connections with John and Tina, who are quite the Disneyholics! Did I hear the word "roadtrip"??? Kathy B. has never been to EPCOT for the flower show or international food and wine festival, and I already have tickets, sitting right here in front of me. We already discussed the pitfalls of staying in a "cheap" hotel but if we split the costs.....
*
Once again the river is laden with boats, some moving along and others stationary, perhaps fishing, about half and half. The water level is quite low, as it is normally at full moon which looks so ugly. My eyes have to focus further out to avoid looking at the yukky stuff. Today I was telling Anna, one of the young people with us at lunch, about having eye surgery nine years ago this month, because she recently got contact lenses. When I talk about my eye surgery, the song by Faith Hill, "Breathe" comes into my mind and leaves a bad taste in my brain....and, no, it does not have to make sense to anyone else. It was popular during a particularly bad time in my family, unrelated to my surgery. Things tend to intersect, let's just not talk about the eye surgery, especially right now....
*
I must get to my cramming for Court tomorrow so I do not freeze up during the hearing. Nancy says I should be very familiar with the paperwork so want to review and organize it all before tomorrow....actually, before late afternoon so that I do not sabotage my sleep tonight! Prayers, please!
*

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will sing for you tonight...
"My loved ones rest securely,
For God this night will surely,
From peril guard your bed,
SWEET SLUMBER will he send you!
And bid his hosts attend you...
And through the night watch o'er your bed!!"

It is my once again favorite middle or beginning or anytime of the night hymn. Sing it with belief that he will take all these negative thoughts away and keep your "with-it-ness" intact! love love love... J

Tarren Prange said...

I hope all goes well for you tomorrow!

Interesting about the new couple at church being familiar with Morton Grove. Did they worship here?

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Judy R.:

I can hear your sweet tones here, in my heart and ears! Thank you, dear friend!
This hymn is so appropriate and comforting, it makes me cry when we sing it, though....go figure!

I hope you had a marvelous weekend with your kids and grands and JerBear...I want to hear all about the fun you had. Was the weather a factor at all?

I will be having you on my heart all week long, and for a thousand years after, too!

Love,

Kim

Anonymous said...

Kim,

I will be praying for your court date tomorrow. As usual a song comes to mind. Sing it with me... Be strong in the Lord and the power of His might, oh be strong in the Lord and the power of His might......
Breath in, breath out, you can do it and do it well.

Till later, Diane

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Tarren!

"I thank my God everytime I remember you"

I appreciate greatly your good wishes for tomorrow. We most likely will not hear the Judge's decision right away, as he hears many cases in a day's time. Our time is only 30 minutes long so will have to talk fast!

John and Tina did not worship in Morton Grove, but did know of its location in proximity to their home towns. I still dropped your names, though.....

Hugs,

Kim

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Dee Dee!

We are just into the singing today, are we not? I liked the comment you made elsewhere about your family all bursting into song at the slightest provocation. Me, too!

I feel fairly confident and sure about tomorrow, more for my preparedness than about what the outcome will be. I made myself familiar with all my paperwork in case questions come up, but I really should not find myself on the defense here.

Thanks for the encourgement and prayers, makes for sounder sleep!

Hugs,

Kim

Dave Schipper said...

And we had freezing sleet and snow today... we did end up with a wonderful house concert. One of the best....

Glad you enjoyed the pool.... right now I'm ready for bed.

Dave

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi David,

I am so glad to hear the concert went well, in spite of the weather. When will that mess end? I did enjoy the time poolside but the water was far too cold to even stick in a toe to check it.

I listened to the performer who was at your house, found her on your blog, I think....she was good!

Hugs,

Kim

Anonymous said...

Good morning,
you are in my thoughts and prayers today my friend!!
Tom is out on his tractor blowing snow, I'm not sure how much we got, but it rained and snowed most of the day. I just checked the TV, and it looks like the rural schools are opening late. City schools should be on time. God bless your day! Keep me posted.
Love and special hugs,
Linda

Kim Lahaie Day said...

God morning, Linda J.:

Thanks for your good wishes today, I appreciate it greatly!

I can just see Tommy out there, tackling the snow piles and splashing in puddles with his John Deere! What is he going to do when the snow stops coming? Or should I say, IF????

I certainly will keep you posted in more ways than one!

Love and squishy hugs to you,

Kim

Anonymous said...

I'm saying a prayer for you. God will do what He knows is right for you.

I am so ready for winter to be over. Drove back from Milwaukee (actually the Mequon area) in horrible conditions. Milwaukee had only rain, thunder and lightning; once we passed Mequon it was snowy, icy, blowing, etc. There were times we were going less than 25. I was following a van and didn't want to attempt the slush to get into the passing lane.
I spent the night at Lisa's; had packed an overnight bag just in case. I left before anyone else was awake. Stopped for gas and at our favorite bakery for coffee and other stuff. The ride in was awful! Extremely slippery. Saw a couple of cars that must have just gone into the median. My wipers were frozen solid with ice so I couldn't use them and the trucks going 90 miles a hour made a mess on the windshield. Made it to work okay but I'm on my third cup of coffee!
Anyway, know that I am thinking of you and praying for you.
Love, Lynn

Kim Lahaie Day said...

God morning, Lynn!

Thanks much for your good wishes! Sorry to hear about your horrible car ride in the yukky weather. I bet you had to pry your hands loose from the steering wheel. At our favorite bakery, did you happen to see any of my sugar cookies lying in there? I am hungry for a sugar cookie!!!!

Glad you are safely at work, and hope it clears up before you drive home. Linda said the country schools are opening late but in town, on time. Wonder where that puts MLHS.....

Love,

Kim