My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Early morning chuckles

Joanne has just left for the day, with her co-workers and staff having prompted her to do so already this morning. She was sort of complaining about how easy it is to just sit around here instead of hitting the floor running. Such is life on the river!
*
She popped into my room once more before leaving as I was about ready to shower and dress. Her sister is an obsessive shopper and Jo was telling about how she hesitates to even mention something as simple as how much she likes a certain hand cream because it will show up in the mailbox in a few days! And Toni is really big on brand names and designer recognition which means so very little to me, with the exception of Murano, of course. Toni bought Joanne a pair of cute black shoes, a big designer name, because, well, they had a designer name! No one but Joanne knows the difference, and even she doesn't!
*
Yesterday's mail finally brought my results from the Lifeline Screening process I went through in February. I had already gotten the blood work results which showed elevated cholesterol overall and high LDL, but the rest was normal. Kim and normal in the same sentence---hmmmm.....! Anyway, I read her the summary of the report which showed all the other readings they did for me, including the bone density test, to be in the Normal range, which I think may have bothered her a bit. Not that she wishes evil on me, but I think she fully expects me to crumble into pieces any day now, as compared to her and the "clean" living she tries to do. Remember the unrecognizable foods in the fridge? There ya' go...
*
I did remind her that the higher chol. readings were taken when I was off of my lowering medication so now it should probably be within normal ranges, etc. She then said I should change my eating habits, blah, blah, blah, so I do not have to take the medication, but the medication allows for the habits I already have....I know, I know, I know, but it is so fun to toy with Joanne! Well, we finished that conversation and she went to get ready for the day. In a few moments she called to me, asking me if I tried any of the chocolate sauce that she had left out for me last night when I got home from Bible study. I told her I had not taken any ice cream so I put the sauce away. Here's the punchline: I told her I did not take any chocolate topping because it was bad for my cholesterol!!!!! She was so busted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even she could not help but chuckle at her own pot calling the kettle black! She bought two containers of ice cream the other night, but I had already bought sherbet. Is this funny or what???

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,
You and Joanne sound like sisters!!! that is how my sister & I get along. Alway at each other, in a friendly sort of way!!
I have told the story of the juice in the wine glass for breakfast to most of my friends, I love Joanne's reaction to that!!!
I'm glad to hear that parts of you are normal!!!
Oh, I almost forgot, I think the temps here got up to 70 degrees above zero yesterday!!!

Love and springtime hugs,
Linda

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Linda!!!

Yes, I would say we are like friendly sisters, not like the ones in her own family. How 'bout that compulsive shopper like Toni is? While I enjoy decorating my home, I sort of know when I am done, and it does not have to be Tommy Bahama or anything like that. Funny stuff!

Wine---it's not just for breakfast anymore!!

70 degree hugs,

Kim

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,

So glad to hear your latest Life Line Screening test results came back normal!

If you would like to stay current with the latest from Life Line Screening, or when you need to find a screening location in the future, visit www.lifelinescreening.com. We're also on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Life-Line-Screening/14429728469.

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Joelle,

Thanks for the contact information, in case any of my readers are wondering how to find out more about this!

Thanks!

Kim