My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I am so ready for bed!

As I yawned during Bible study, I realized just how tired I was today! No nap time or even resting for me as I was busy, busy, busy. My mammogram appointment provided me an opportunity to catch up with a former neighbor, Linda. The last time we had a chat was on the subway in Atlanta's airport, which is so darn funny. Justin was blown away that I knew someone so far from home! She asked about Justin and then filled me in on her son and daughter. The son is just out of the service after 6 years, for which I thanked her for his service to our country. Her daughter graduated from UF and is trying to get into veterinary school, perhaps close by. Linda lived across the street from us when Timmy was born so we always have that "little" shared connection....
*
Our study tonight, intimate though our gathering, was from Matthew, the sermon on the mount. We reviewed The Lord's Prayer and went through the chapter about being careful about the things we do supposedly in Jesus' name, when our motives might not be as pure we like folks to believe. This really could use some more discussion but with only two of us, it was not going to happen. Maybe next week when we review it will garner some more insights. Good stuff!
*
My feet are cold! There seems to be a breeze moving through here although the doors are all sealed up due to the windy conditions. Again, no rain today but threats all day long. Upon leaving the mammogram clinic I took a ride through the neighborhood where the clinic is located and who did I meet but Justin! I was so surprised, since this is Tuesday and he should be in school....Oh, yes, it is Spring Break and he is a workin' boy! He was done for the day and heading over to pick up his friend with whom he carpools. Justin asked me to get some people together to go have lunch on Sunday and I will do my best, but we do have a congregational meeting that day. Hopefully, he can wait for us!
*
Today I spoke with Diane, Judy R.'s sister, who is leaving our fair city and heading back home to Arkansas. She is so excited about getting back to her own environ and catching up with her friends. We talked about seeing each other again some time and she is sure that will happen! Me, too!
*
Since I was out on the island already, I decided to finally do it! I changed banks! After going in to my regular bank last week and asking three questions and getting three "No's"....I decided it was time. Kathy B. had told me how happy she was with VyStar and others said they had good experiences with them, so after thinking about it for a couple weeks, decided to make the change. Watch Bank of America's stock price drop tomorrow, all because of me! The manager at the new place used to work at the other bank and remembered me----in fact, attended Timmy's funeral. Oh, yeah, this is going to be a good experience....

6 comments:

Suzanne Chappell said...

I've met the manager of the "island's" Vystar. She is very nice! I've been with Vystar since I moved to OP in 1998, and I have been very happy. Ya know, I get free checking too! *wink*

Hugs!

Suzanne

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Suzanne!

I am so glad you have good things to say about this bank--excuse me--credit union. Clark Howard told me to put my money here so I did!

I get free checking because of my advanced years.....how come you do? Because of being from a military family?

Winks,

Kim

Anonymous said...

Good morning sister! A few minutes before it is time to get ready to leave for the day. Another day in the lab but the benefit of that is that I can sample ice cream. It is now possible that Cedar Crest will become part of the Scrip program at school. The owner and I met with the scrip coordinator yesterday. I believe that you would know someon so far away from home. You know so many people. A couple of more weeks I will meet some former classmates again after so many years. Too many to mention. I better go. Hope your day is sunny and warm!

Kim Lahaie Day said...

God morning, Jill!

Not a misprint above...

Maybe being the lab rat will help you get a job in another field some day...take good notes!

Using Scrip from the parlor would be a great fund raiser, especially if it applies to Danny's account!!

Oh, it is so fun to meet and see people I know when out and about, I just love it!!! Lisa used to ask me, when she was little, "Do you have to talk to everybody???" The answer? YES!!!

Smiles,

Kim

Anonymous said...

When we get samples out of the tubs we have to go to the loading end of the spyro freezer. A young man who just started there asked me if I was a chemist. I had to laugh and told him that I was actually the parlor manager. He had such a look on his face. Probably wonndering what kind of place is this. I explained what we do with the samples and that we didn't need to be chemists to do it. I decided on dark blue shirts for the employees. My shirts and my supervisor shirts will be purple. Got to go since it is almost 10 and bedtime. Love you!

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Jill!

Are you a chemist? No, an astrophysicist or archeologist, maybe....I guess it would be a natural assumption, especially if you look like you know what you are doing!

Good choice on the shirt colors, won't show dirt or ice cream as much perhaps?

Hugs,

Kim