My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Friday, March 13, 2009

For those not facebook readers...

.....my apologies for posting this only now.....My dear friend, Judy R., called me from the comfort of her own chair at home last night about 7:30 pm her time. Yippee! While she was a bit difficult to understand due to what she described as having cotton in her mouth and the noise of the deck at Whitey's where I had dinner, the news was good, a successful surgery! They only had to remove the lump itself and I am sure I will get more information about what happens next. I just wish to make sure all know that our prayers to the Lord on Judy's behalf were answered, this time with a "YES!", and she was home, eating soup her daughter, Amy, had made for their supper. Thank you, Lord Jesus, for watching over Jusy!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that everything went well and will pray that things stay that way for her.

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Jill!

Yes, me too! I spoke with her again today and she sounded more like her old self. Once the reports are all back and such, she will begin the follow-up treatments including radiation and what ever else to "guarantee" all the cancer bugs are gone!

Thanks for asking,

Kim

Anonymous said...

Good morning; Glad things turned out so well for Judy...will keep her in my prayers.....where did you find the German words?Do you have them for all the verses?Mom

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Mom!

Yes, it is good news about Judy's surgery. In a few days she will have the final word on the biopsy and such, and then will begin the chemo and/or radiation.

I just googled to find the German for that hymn. Thank God for google!!!

Hugs,

Kim

Anonymous said...

And to Jill and "Mom' I say thanks for the prayers! We had a good weekend with the children arriving to celebrate birthday # 1 for grand # 11 and they took good care of us... cooking and vacuuming and giggling and hugging and lots of other good "ing" words!
This am I got to take a shower and remove the heavy dressings... I am beginning to feel nearly myself again! YEE HA TO THAT!! XXOO Judy

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Judy!

How nice of you at address my mom and sister, Jill! I hope they read this, though I am sure they will!

Glad you finally got a shower...all were counting the days! I talked to John, your former principal at St. Matthew and he said he stopped to see you but you were gone to the Dells...nuts!

Hugs,

Kim