My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I am exhausted already today!

Right off the bat this a.m. I was on my way to the doctor's office on Fleming Island, arriving only five minutes prior to my appointment. I was the sole person in the waiting room and had my choice of seats. Since my last visit there, they have added a wall-mounted TV with advertising of medical stuff running on it, including the ad for Detrol. That did it! I had to go to the bathroom! The ad shows a woman cooling her heels in the doctor's waiting room, tapping her fingers and jiggling, knowing she has to make another potty run in a minute. A little cartoon lady jumps off the bathroom door to prompt the lady she needs to tell the doctor about the frequent trips, all day long, etc. I thought it pretty sneaky by the pharmaceutical people to be so blatant in their attempts to have patients "request" their brand of drugs! Subtle? Not so much!
*
I was greeted by a new nurse, one I had never seen before, but it HAS been a long time since I was there anyway. She took me back and allowed me to refuse to leap onto the scale! Did you know you can do that?? I found that out when I had sciatica and have refused since that time. She was quite nice to me and when I asked where Tim was, my usual guy, she told he quit on Friday. Nuts! He has gotten another job somewhere and gave a two-week notice, but the bosses told him to just go! So the staff was short-handed until a new MA is hired. The nurse practitioner I was seeing knows me and knows Justin well, and thanked me for requesting her. I just played along. She looked over the blood work results from the Life Line people and when I explained that I was out of Lipitor when the test was taken, was amazed the numbers were as good they were under those circumstances. She is going to find me a generic or cheaper substitute, bless her!
*
I took my scrips to Wal*Mart and while I waited for them to be filled, walked around the store a bit. I returned some shoes I'd bought when Linda was here, neither pair worked out. One pair was so large they fell off when I walked, the other so tight scissors would have been needed to get them off. Weird! No problem, I got the money back and reinvested in some food items and such for dinner on Thursday night. My famous corned beef, cabbage and carrot dish will be made by me as well as using up some of Joanne's mystery food in the fridge. She makes me laugh---before going to Atlanta, Joanne left me a note saying to use up some of the food she has in the fridge, but I have no idea what it is!!!! Seriously, the one package looks like it could be tripe. Certainly I will not use that up! Yes to the cauliflower, though, I do recognize that!
*
Art Guild was sort of fun last night, as I got to stand with the membership people and encourage folks to sign in and put on a name tag. Once I nearly said, "Welcome to Good Shepherd!" but caught myself. When being introduced to the group, our Membership chair made the comment that "Kim is our new mental, oh, I mean, mentor" and everyone laughed. That was not a mistake, Louise! It might take a while for me to figure out who is who so I do not ask long time members if they are new! The new secretary, Janelle, who took my place was trying to take Minutes while nursing her baby but it did not work so she had to step out to take care of Jack. One of the other ladies motioned for me to go up and take notes so I did. Never missed a beat but I hope Janelle can figure out what I was trying to say. Our President told about an upcoming event at Thrasher-Horne and suggested that we look the part when we go for the opening reception, to wear something "artsy-fartsy". I love that! Will I need to go shopping????
*
Due to my appointment tomorrow morning at Rosewood's office with my attorney, I have to cancel with one of the investment firms' who was having a seminar about the economy, etc. I cannot attend the evening session, because of having a dinner here that same night. Next Monday I will miss Bible study as I will have a Court date. My schedule is in a shambles!
*

8 comments:

Linda M said...

Dear Kim!!!!

You're talking to the Queen of Artsy Fartsy clothes, come on over and shop!!!!!

Your Mental in WI

Linda

Anonymous said...

I will be thinking of you tomorrow as you go to this appointment. I would come if I could but sorry I can't. Jamie mentioned that he had talked to you. When was the last time we actually talked? One of these days and I will call with a religion question. Better day today at work. I tried to tune out those who were bothersome yesterday. Only 28 more days till the parlor opens. I can't wait. It has been such a long winter. Today it got fairly nice out and much of the ice disappeared. Now you can drive down my street without having to get a front end alignment after. It is homework time and I need to switch loads of wash. Hugs and love!

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Linda M.:

You are so funny! My closet is already full with clown clothes, I mean, artsy fartsy but thanks for the offer! This lady who made the remark is about the second last person I would expect that from, which is what made it so much more amusing!

Mental in O.P.,

Kim

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Jilly Willy!

Thanks for your good thoughts, I appreciate them greatly! You guys all have your own struggles up there to deal with, this will be manageable indeed, especially with my attorney there and all that.....I am being incredibly brave!

First you were excited to have the parlor closed and now you count the days until it opens again....you silly girl! Call me with a religion question, I am getting rusty! I heard it was getting a bit better, 1 degree above zero yesterday or Monday....balmy!

Yes, I had a nice chat with Jamie, gave a little pep talk and some God talk. He called Justin about his tuxedo rental and such which is good, too, for them to chat.

Love and hugs,

Kim

Linda M said...

Dear Kim,

Clown clothes!!!!!
Would you believe I once dressed as Mimi Bobeck(Drew Carey Show)wearing all clothes that came out of my closet???Wasn't a huge stretch for me!!!!!

In the words of Mimi Bobeck,,,"I get up at the crack of dawn to look this good!!!!"
Not!!!!
Linda

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Linda,

My sister, Lynn, used to watch that program! I am guessing it is not on TV any more??? Anyway, I have seen the person you are talking about, lots of make-up and big hair, right?

If nothing else, I could wear my red coat to the opening! Let me rephrase---I would wear something UNDER the coat....but the coat can speak for itself! And look artsy fartsy!

Hugs,

Kim

Anonymous said...

Hey Kim!

Just wanted to let you know you and your lawyer are in my prayers today.

I'll never forget the first time my Mom said "Artsy Fartsy". My brothers and I were shocked that my Mom even knew the word fartsy!

Remember God is watching over you.

Speaking of boats, or in this case a ship, Dave called two days ago and he's in Kenya. It was 10 at night and 98 degrees.

Real men have ships. Artsy Fartsy men have fancy boats! Trust me on this, Dave is on a ship fighting for our country and my hubby has a boat we can't afford to take out because of the gas prices. As I'm typing this I'm thinking Mike's boat is more of a dinghy!

Please know I'm praying for you today.

Love,
Cindy

Kim Lahaie Day said...

God morning, Cindy!

Thanks for the words of encouragement, my good friend!

I really liked the e-mail the other day from Dave's captain or commander, what ever his title was, his high praise of the men and the efforts in such a short period of time. Another friend whose son is on the ground in Iraq as medic send me her son's e-mails, too, and it is great to see and hear first hand what these guys, on land and sea, are doing on our behalf!

As Pete Prange used to remind me, this is where the rubber meets the road, and I get to practice what I have learned and know and preach! Lord, be with me!

Amen!

Hugs,

Kim