My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

From my friend, Betty

This short list below came at the end of a lengthy first-hand story of a man who was on the plane that landed on the Hudson River. The man wrote his letter in response to the numerous letters and e-mails he has received since the amazing landing and his survival of the event. The following are things that he came away with---sadly, he does not mention His Savior, the Lord Jesus in this list, however, he did in the longer letter which preceded:

For now I have 4 lessons I would like to share:

1. Cherish your families as never before and go to great lengths to keep your promises.

2. Be thankful and grateful for everything you have and don't worry about the things you don't have.

3. Keep in shape. You never know when you'll be called upon to save your own life, or help someone else save theirs.

4. When you fly, wear practical clothing. You never know when you'll end up in an emergency or on an icy wing in flip flops and pajamas and of absolutely no use to yourself or anyone else.

And I'd like to add: Fly with gray-haired pilots!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning;I noticed when I heard some of the interviews with the people from that "miracle landing".....no one really mentioned Gods' hand in it.....no thanks were offered to him.I'm going to try and get to my car to-day as I have a dental appt. I had to ask Anita R. to pick me up for B.C.yesterday. Maybe some of the ice has melted....also have to get to church later. My prayers are with you.....in all your appts. Love Mom

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Mum!

I had heard early on about people praying as they were about to land, but I did not hear many post-rescue interviews either.

I hope you are successful in getting to the car but hope you use utmost care in so doing.

Thanks for the prayers, they are greatly appreciated!

Hugs,

Kim