My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

"Jesus commands my destiny!"

That is the song playing through my computer as I write and it rolled off my finger tips, from my heart as the tears roll down my face, in peace. No matter what the rest of this week brings, the Great Comforter will see me through it. And all of us!!!
*
I have a number of appointments this week, not meal-related, including a check-up at the doctor early in the day. Amazingly, there was an opening for me tomorrow morning, as if they were expecting my call. They booked me with a female doctor for the exam instead of with Dr. House, which is okay, I guess. Thanks for the prompting, Judy R.! Next, I will make the call for the mammogram, leaving no stone unturned, or boulder, as the case might be!
*
My other appointment is with my attorney at the office of my former spouse to excavate records which he declares were "too numerous to produce" for the purposes of our Court date Monday. Gulp! I have no idea what to expect other than having my skin crawl but I can do all things through Him who gives me strength. Linda already offered to come down for support purposes, but I will be just fine, because I must!

8 comments:

Suzanne Chappell said...

I don't envy you having to go to "the office" to get what is necessary. It will be an awkward situation for everyone involved, no doubt! I'll be thinking of you!

Good luck with your appointments! I had my "base line" mammogram last year, and recommend everyone get it taken care of. I made contact with a dear friend from high school last year, and she told me of one of our class mates who died the year before at the very young age of 35 from breast cancer! She left behind 3 beautiful children, the youngest of whom was only a year old. She found a lump in her breast while pregnant with the youngest child! A woman's health is VERY important! Take care of yourself!

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Suzanne:

Yes, it seems to be more "deadly" in younger woman, at least that is what Joanne was telling me, being a nurse and all that. Tarren's aunt died at a young age with children left behind. My sister, Lynn, was saying how thankful she is that we do not have a history of breast cancer, or any cancer in our family, except for what my dad had from smoking. Do "excepts" count?

We have no good reason for not having these preventative tests run, just do it!

Thanks for the good wishes for later in the week, I deeply appreciate it!

Hugs and blessings,

Kim

Anonymous said...

From Rosalie:

You are in my prayers regarding your court date--lots of apprehension--I can only imagine what you must be feeling.

Thanks for your mom's e-mail address. I e-mailed her this morning.

It's hard to believe Joe is 90; he and Shirley were always very special to us when we lived in OP. When you see him give him my love--also Eveyln. I should call her myself. I used to keep better in touch with her. Your blog is a good reminder.

I think this is it for now.

Hugs,love and kisses!

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Rosalie!

Thanks for the good thoughts and wishes for my week. Yes, it will be awkward but it's worth it to me to get this settled. "Will work for food"!

This afternoon I spoke to Evelyn and got an earful of her health issues; seems she got some bad peanut butter cookies or, I am thinking, a bout of the flu. She is such a hoot, though. I tried not ask "How are you?" but someone we got onto that topic anyway. She might just adore getting a phone call from you, in fact, I know she would!!!

Thanks for writing to Mom, she also adores communication!

Hugs,

Kim

Dave Schipper said...

Wish you luck kid.

David

Anonymous said...

When you metioned boulder I couldn't help but think of the over the shoulder boulder holder. I needed to giggle tonight cuz it was just one of those days. Nothing bad happenend it was just a day where people were irritating at work. Then I came home and did homework with Dan. I really enjoy doing his religion with him because it is a learning experience for us both. We are studying the book of Acts right now. I am finding it quite interesting and infromative. Sorry none of this deals with what you wrote but jsut wanted to let you know that I was reading your blogs. Good luck with your mammogram. I am due for one soon too. Love Jill

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi David!

Thanks for the good wishes!

Do you know the hymn I referenced? It's called "In Christ Alone", and you can hear it on youtube.com if you do not have it already. The message is amazing!

Love and hugs,

Kim

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Jill!

You can write about whatever you wish, even if it is to vent about your job!

Glad you are enjoying your re-visit to Acts, isn't there always something new or interesting when you go back over a Book? That is what is so special about Bible study classes.

I had a nice chat with Jamie, tried to give him a boost, using the Word and my usual great advice! Hope it helps him.

Have a better day today!

Hugs,

Kim