My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The rest of the week

As I am sitting here, I was at first startled to see someone looking back at me---me! Normally I keep my doors closed in order to hold in the heat, but with the improved weather, all the doors now stand open so fresh air can circulate freely. But, there, across the river room, is a reflection of me in the French doors! I'm over it now...
*
Since I was unable to get my toes taken care of Saturday, today might be the day. Helen called yesterday to see if I was coming in but I put it off until today since Christine was coming Tuesday afternoon. After the toes, I will go up to Great Hang Ups to see the ladies and have a chat. Sometimes Facebook visits are not enough, you know?? Again the river is smooth with only a few boats on the water, right now a couple barges are making their way southbound. I am wondering how long it will be before the manatee show up again. My pastor's daughter wants to see one so when I spot their return, will be sure to let her know so she can see them at their finest!
*
Justin is buying me dinner again tonight and is coming to do his cleaning for me. He asked me for some new shorts because since he has been working on the jobsites, he is losing weight and his shorts fall down. He made a joke of it: says he lost his *** during the recession! Yes, I laughed, but wondered how come my pants are not falling down!!! When he is here, he likes to sit on my exercise bike but only after moving the seat back as far as it will go. I simply cannot get the seat back into place for my own use. I can reach the pedals now, but must fully extend my tippy toes to make them go around. He told me over the phone what to do to move it up but no dice. I have wiggled, wrestled, jerked, pushed, pulled, got my work out another way than on the bike!
*
Judy J. has a lady friend in town so does not have time to play with us. This worked out great anyway as last night we did Outreach visits rather than have Bible study. We went off in two teams, Debbie with me, as she is in training. Given four places to visit, we only made two of them. I simply do not like going to people's doors after dark, knowing they are likely getting kids off to bed, etc. or hesitant about opening the door to "strangers" after 8:30 at night. The two we did reach though were good visits and I will try to see the other two today sometime. Boy, where did the morning go already??
*
Well, I am back--finally! I kept my appointment with Helen and came away with groomed, polished toes. In the midst of my pedicure, my sister-in-law, Mona, called and since it could have been news about Arno, I answered it. She had other stuff to discuss, however, and I realized later we never even discussed him! She had some other matters to discuss with me which seemed to take precedence. It pleases me that she would consider bouncing things off of me, and I must get back to her later on.
*
Joanne just blew in and out, as she is taking her dad down the coast to watch the space shuttle launch. We pray the skies stay clean and no mechanical problems interfere. Her dad worked for much of his career as a NASA scientist, choosing the chimps as well as the first team who were trained, i.e., "The Right Stuff". Cool, eh? I hope he enjoys himself, but at least they will get a nice ride out of it!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I should know better than to eat something when reading your blogs. Almost had Elephant Tracks all over the screen. I was pulling up my pants alot today must be because of the recession. that is why I am eating ice cream so my pants stay up.

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Jill!

Nothing worse than having elephant tracks on your computer screeen!!!! The husband of my blogging friend, Jami, wrote about how difficult it was to write on the computer with a cat chasing the cursor and walking on the keys, etc. It would be worse, much worse, with elephants!

Let's just get new pants instead of trying to fill the "old" ones, okay???

Love you,

Kim

Anonymous said...

Funny thing with the pants....tuesday when we were walking in to B.C. I told Berniece that it felt like my pants were falling down!! I blamed it on to the elastic getting weak...wish it was cause of weight loss. Mom

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Mom:

Perhaps you had better check your elastic and make sure it is still okay. Lynn can change it if need be. See how I volunteer her services? I would change it if you were down here.....77 above zero today.....

Hugs,

Kim

Anonymous said...

Yes that is on my to do list this weekend. I need to check out my uniform pants to see what I need in tha department. We are going to get new uniforms but don't know what colors yet. Our company colors are black and yellow. So I suggested a yellow polo shirt and black apron and visor. I will know more on that Tuesday.

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Jill:

Today we ate at Honey B's and their colors are yellow and black, like bees! It is so pretty, I hope your company goes that route. Make sure you have trustworthy elastic, we don't want any "problems"!!!

Buzzes,

Kim