My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Who needs Seinfeld???

I cannot believe I just "said" that! The past couple days I have found myself laughing right out loud, in my house, all by myself....Are the white coats coming soon?? My friend, Suzanne, has posted some hysterical stories which caused the outbursts, including one which was simply a reply to my comment: I had questioned the placing of a can of worms (which should never be opened....) in the refrigerator on their recent camping trip. Somehow the worms escaped from the container inside the fridge and were running wildly through the camper....as only worms can run. When I asked her about having worms in the fridge, she replied, "worms in the fridge are like bats in a coffee maker!", and the laughing began....Very very funny, Suzanne, you made my day!
*
While I was laughing, my friend, Linda J. was doing the opposite. One of the male teachers from my grade school, F. G., has accepted a Call to serve the area Lutheran high school. While the comfort is that the family remains in the area and as members of F. G., he will no longer be part of the heart at school. Linda might need some counseling time in Florida and is welcome to bring anyone else who needs it with her!!!
*
I am on a commercial kick this week, I guess. On the radio, an ad plays where a dad is trying to discuss drugs with his teen aged son. Every time the father issues a caution, the boy replies, flatly, "I know, Dad, I know", over and over. At the end of the ad, the voice-over suggests that when kids are teenagers, they already know everything, so talk with your kids about drugs before they know everything. I like this ad, at least the first 400 times it plays!
*
Rosalie, my friend in Houston, wrote a lovely comment on a posting from earlier this week and gave me a warm, fuzzy feeling. She was the secretary at G. S. when we moved to Florida and was one of our very first contacts here. Before moving, we checked for availability of WELS churches and found the one of which I am still a member! Her hubby and she were extremely dedicated members and did much to maintain the appearance of our grounds and property. She uses her abilities yet in many capacities at her church in Houston, even though she is laid up with a bad foot. Rosalie was extremely helpful when Timmy died, as she drove from Houston to Florida to be with us, helped assemble the service folders, drove Mom around on errands and kept her mind busy, and took folks to the airport and picked up, too. Thanks, Rosalie!
*
Tomorrow is the day my friend, Judy R., has her procedure and the prayers of those who know her, and of those who do not, are appreciated. They will hopefully have prayers of thanksgiving as the surgeon finds it a simple fix, for his skilled hands as he performs her surgery, and strength for JerBear as he waits outside. She said he is being a trouper, a solid support for her at this time. I expected nothing less!
*
Jusy (not a misspelling): I will be thinking about you tonight when the space shuttle launches! We saw it together in November from my river room!!!!

10 comments:

Suzanne Chappell said...

You know what they say, "Laughter is good for the soul!" Must be why you laugh so much! :)

Since we'll be getting home late tonight with church and choir, I think I'm going to let the kids stay up and watch the space shuttle launch. Hanna's been learning about outerspace, so it would be perfect. Did you know, Michigan is in outer space?? LOL!

Squishy Hugs!
Suzanne

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Suzanne!

And you knew I gave up laughing for Lent! I just smile really loudly!!

Michigan is outerspace? This might explain Janet!!!

Hugs,

Kim

Anonymous said...

Thank you Kim for the lovely compliments. I was pleased to help you anyway I could. In our e-mails, your mom and I reminisced about that week. I feel you and I have a special bond because of Timmy even though we are miles apart. I, too, did not have such good news yesterday. My doctor informed me I have to wear this clumsy walking shoe/boot, walking on my heel, for four more weeks--yuk!!! I couldn't believe my ears. I could not make any phone calls, not even to Pastor because we agreed to house one of Kettle Morrain Luth. students who will be here for a week and help with distributing flyers for Easter for Kids..now I not able to. I felt so badly. I (Ms. Daisy) did call my chauffer to pick me up for bible study. I spoke with Pastor before bible study and told him we could donate food, etc instead. Of course he was understanding and appreciative. I guess I rambled on enough. Lots of hugs and love.

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Rosalie,

You are most welcome! It is good that Mom and you exchange memories of that infamous week, and it is most certainly true about our bond of love between us. Do you remember how he resented your presence when you came during the elections in 2000? He had transition problems with us being gone so long, and between you and his "other" babysitter....not good! I am always sorry about how that went for you.

Anyway, I know you will help with the canvassing as best you can under the circumstances, boot and all!

Blessings,

Kim

Anonymous said...

Kim,
I hope you get to see the shuttle launch tonight. Remember the one we saw together, and the ride back from Titus Ville? What fun we had back in the day!!!

Snuggie hugs,
Linda

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Linda!

I am incredibly disappointed that the shuttle was scuttled!!! A poet.....

Yes, I do remember that very special time we had, and Mom does, too! Justin was just a little boy....Tommy had tears running down his face in awe....

Good times,

Kim

Anonymous said...

I am all for some counseling in Florida. I had a busy day and just need some down time before the parlor opens.

Suzanne Chappell said...

Now that's funny! Every time I see Janet, I want to start singing the "School House Rock" song, Inter-planet Janet!

I think we've figured it out!

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Jill,

Oh, you know my doors are always open for company and I will give you good, sound advice, even if you do not ask for it! I remember once when some friends of ours were having marital problems, Justin was upset with me for not working harder to keep them together. He lost a Magic Card player in that mess!

So much for my counseling skills!

Hugs,

Kim

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Suzanne!

Interplanet Janet and we are going to Ocala to rock that town on Saturday!! I guess Judy C. is our driver as she said she was picking me up---great! I hope we don't get lost............

Hugs and smiles,

Kim