My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Talk about having a great attitude!

Sent to me by a friend:
*
Whenever I'm disappointed with my spot in life, I stop and think about little Jamie Scott.
*
Jamie was trying out for a part in the school play. His mother told me that he'd set his heart on being in it, though she feared he would not be chosen.
*
On the day the parts were awarded, I went with her to collect him after school. Jamie rushed up to her, eyes shining with pride and excitement. 'Guess what, Mom,' he shouted, and then said those words that will remain a lesson to me....'I've been chosen to clap and cheer.'
*
Has anyone learned a more important lesson than this? I want to be chosen to stand up and cheer! Or even sit and cheer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim,

Love it!

I guess the whole point is we were chosen. Enough said.

Have a great day.

Diane

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Dee Dee!

This really was the one story which I received yesterday that was so right on! It's not so much being the star of the show, but how we react to the show that matters!

Have a clapping day!

Kim