My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Monday, April 13, 2009

Weekend photos

The famous cake plate, wearing my "homemade" variety of flavors cheese cake for Easter feast


Here is the beautiful bouquet of flowers Justin sent me as an Easter present. Several of the tulips are gone because I used them to help decorate our Easter tree at church.

These are my guests around the table, sans Owen, who is taking the photo: from right, Richard Samuelson, Justin, Olivia, me, Joanne, and her dad, Clyde. Sandy came later so missed being in the photo.

This is a rare shot of Sarah in Justin's arms as she poses with her godparents on the playground after she hunted all her Easter eggs. I am yet in my choir robe, not having had a moment to go change.

Paul wanted a photo taken of the three "boys" from his Youth Group days, but Mark got away before we could nab him for a picture. From the left is Robbie (The Maestro), Paul, and Justin.

Mom, I hope you like this photo! Gretchen reluctantly posed next to the Easter tree after the Festival service. Fuscia is certainly her color!

I wish this photo was larger but if I try to make it so, the faces are distorted and we already have enough problems! This is a group shot of the Lawcock's and us: Paul, me, Justin with Sarah, and Emily.

You can see it was still a bit dark as we prepared for the Easter Sunrise service, with Kathy B. at the ready at the keyboard. I had Brian warn her not to move back more than one inch or she would be in the flower bed and the keyboard would go flying as her legs kicked it over!
Here is shot of Suzanne as she plays the viola during our worship. She is so lovely, as her face shows such expression when playing.

Here is Daniel, Suzanne's little boy, sporting his brand new Easter suit! He is looking intently at the face of a watch. His left arm is in a cast, not visible under the sleeve of his suit.
The Easter tree is waiting for more fresh flowers to be attached to it.


At Easter breakfast, these two guys who went through St. Johns and Good Shepherd together very nicely posed for a photo.....well, at least one of them did! Justin and Mark, talking with Olivia, another St. Johns classmate.
For the Easter Sunrise service, Pastor opens the worship with the Paschal candle, where he traces the alpha and omega, and then inserts the "nails" into the arms of the cross ceremoniously.

Saturday morning was the first official event for the Little Lambs group, infant through age 4, pre-Pioneer ages. Tara, Kristin, and Kendra's back show in the picture with the little ones following intently as Tamara, off camera, teaches them the Easter story. Sarah was missing because they were going to see the matinee of Disney on Ice that day. The Langley boys were missing as well, since more than one of them (4 total in this age group!!!) were ill. Fortunately all were present for church on Easter!

This is the group of moms planning the events for Little Lambs of which I am in charge of promotion and marketing. Give me a job I can do from my desk and it's done! This is Tara, Laurie, and Emily, and off camera are Kristin and Tamara.

Justin and I spent much of Saturday in the sun at The Landing, Jacksonville, for the FairTax Rally. Gretchen said she saw it covered on the local news but did not mention how many people were there. I heard around 3000 but that is unofficial. We should meet or exceed that on April 15th Tea Party, I hope!

Neal Boortz is on the stage but it was too far away to get a clearer shot of him. He does look better on the radio, and he'll be the first one to tell you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning; I love the pictures!!! Lynn wanted to take some of the altar at F.G.but forgot.....wehad other flowers besides the lilys,I think Linda said they were azalias......my mind just went blank....can't think of the other ones. Linda knows. So many extras joined in the "Halleluiah Chorus" it is amazing that sounded so great without a lot of rehearsals.....If the Lord allows me another year on earth,I've got all that to look forward to!!!!Mom

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Mom!

Glad you like the pictures....no comment about the cake plate though???

Did you put a lily on the altar in Timmy's memory, or Grandma Sickles? Or did Lynn put one for Dad? I hope someone took photos and will share them with me....Linda, ask around please, okay?

I do hope you get to hear it once more in your lifetime, at least once more, but just imagine how it must sound in heaven when the angels are singing around the throne---Holy, Holy, Holy!!!

Love and hugs,

Kim