My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Boy, I am hungry this a.m.!

Normally I can go until 10 or later before rummaging for something to eat for breakfast, but do not think I will hold out that long today. I had a nice little supper last night, making Four Cheese cook-in-the-bag rice and adding cut up ham into it. No directions to follow other than "microwave for 90 seconds". The other instructions on the package were for where and how to grab it when the food is done cooking but fortunately I took a non-hot edge when removing it from the oven. "Sometimes," she said smugly, "I don't need directions!"
*
Part of my time Saturday, on a weather-threatening day, was used talking on the phone with Mona in Manty. Since they had to be on JR's campus at West Point bright and early the morning we arrive for graduation, we needed to find our own ride from the airport to the hotel. I checked on-line and saw our hotel offers "Complimentary airport transportation" ("My, you look nice today!" "New outfit? Great!). It suggested I call for availability so I did and talked to a young man in the metropolis of Newburgh, NY. It seems the hotel does not have a dedicated vehicle (shuttle or town car) but 'someone will be here that can come and get you'. Great! I asked him to please put a note on my reservation that our flight arrives at 10:23 a.m., and he told me the driver would be there at that time. Don't I need time to get my luggage, etc? Oh, yes, he said the driver would be there at 10:30!!!! It must be a tiny airport...
*
Mona said that it is quite small and really old, with blacktop runways and baggage claim is not going to be a problem. I will not tell Justin about this, let him find out himself, or he might murmur about our small plane, rugged airport, riding in the back of a truck to the hotel, being beastly tired because of our early morning flight. I sure would not want him to ruin JR's big day the next day! JR could twist Justin's head off because, according to press reports, JR is "the best powerlifter West Point has ever had"! I'll bet he could get us carried in chairs on people's shoulders from the airport to the hotel if we asked him to make the arrangements in person!
*
It is time to leave for church so will sign off for now. Presently I am sweating just a bit which means it might a good day to sit poolside, but guess I should check the weather first, before making too many plans for the afternoon. I cannot wait until the cabana opens again which will be Memorial weekend and not one moment before! I want a hot dog and an adult beverage poolside!

4 comments:

Dave Schipper said...

our weekend was a glorious weekend of church and work... we had a baccalaureate service.. and yes the house and yard are getting in order... plus I planted five rows of potatoes.

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi David,

How nice to hear you had a great weekend! I can just see you out there with your tiller, planting potatoes, nature's purest food, in my opinion. Lori told me about the broken lawn mower and I am so glad it is up and running. Counting the days until I get up there, I hope it warms up some before then!

Hugs,

Kim

Anonymous said...

forgot to put this on the e-mail....we did go to see Gabriel "perform"in church....very nice....service was conducted by Titus...avery young Hmong man....we might as well get used to it cause we are going to get one too.He did a good job. Then we went to Tonies for lunch.....Ellisons and Lynn and I.....Alayna had to go to work. Mom

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Mom,

Glad you got the blogs to open finally...I was hoping your computer did not have a compaction again with photos or something!

Is Tonie's a restaurant? Can't say I ever heard it mentioned. What did Gabe sing? Did F. G. get Evangelist Lee as its Hmong pastor? Titus is a great Hmong name, isn't it?

Hugs,

Kim