My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Two seconds to write....

.......starting--NOW!
*
I am just about to leave for Bible study at Victory, anxious to see/hear what the subject matter will be today. Last time was about the family, society, how God established the family, the pecking order, about relationships, etc. So interesting!
*
Immediately after class I must shoot right over to Ruby Tuesday to meet some of my former co-workers from Sprint, where I worked for nearly five years prior to Timmy being born. Judy J. always kicks my butt for leaving only a few months shy of being fully vested in the Sprint retirement fund thingy but my services were required elsewhere. It really would have been close to impossible to handle all that---a new baby, a nine-year-old, plus two jobs. Come on, Judy, give me a break, okay???
*
I am looking forward to seeing the ladies again, hoping I remember them once I see the faces. Agnes called me, insisting, "Now, write this down so you don't forget..." because the ladies want me to come. I will probably be the youngest one but I really have no problem with that. After lunch I must stop at the store to get the ingredients for the taco salad and prepare that when I get home. I might have to get some margarita mix or something equally festive to serve with our meal, something in keeping with Cinco de Mayo!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a really good time with your former co-workers. I know that you will. You had to bring up the taco salad didn't you. Now I am hungry. Guess I will go to owrk and eat ice cream then. Warm hugs!

Linda M said...

Good Morning Kim!!!!

Now that I know we have the same Taco Salad recipe,,,I can savor yours all the way over here.Pass the Margaritas!!!! I'm a two fisted drinker!!

Going to be in the 70's (I hope), going to be creative in the yard!!!

Warming up in WI,

Linda M

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,
Enjoy your reunion! I'm sure it will be fun. Cinco de Mayo sounds like fun too. I was wondering what your theme was this month. Be sure to say hi to all the ladies for me. I wish I was there!!!
Have a blessed day,
Love you lots,
Linda J

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Jill,

Yes, I did have to mention the taco salad....Maybe I can make a batch when I am "home" in May/June!

Guess what! No one showed up for the luncheon, except me! When I got home I checked my notes and I was right so there must have been a change that I was not aware of...

No worries, I got my groceries and am home now to make my food and dress the table for fiesta!

Hugs,

Kim

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Linda M.:

We do share the same recipe, and Marcia, too! How nice that you will be thinking about us around the table, and we can drink a toast to those not with us!

I hope your temps do soar to the 70's as ours nears 90 again today. Oh, I love that!

Hugs,

Kim

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Linda J.:

I sure do wish you were here with us and will express that to the ladies, and Justin!

Blessings,

Kim