My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A couple more photos


This is a photo taken Wednesday, the 17th, of Shiloh talking to the lamb in Timmy's memorial garden at church. It still looks nice and white after Fausto gave it fresh paint and repaired its ear. Shiloh is Cindy Sholes' granddaughter and her brother attends Precious Lambs.

This is my goofy sister, Carol, with whom I just had dinner in Kimberly, WI. I am twice her size, but please do not judge her harshly----she can't help it! In the course of our visit, Carol mentioned that since she started going to the YMCA and such, her balance had improved and she did not fall as often as she used to, particularly since she walks to work in every kind of weather. This past weekend, however, I got an e-mail from her reporting she broke her wrist while riding a bike! Poor thing!

Here we are again, although not fooling around this time. Mom did not want to pose for the pictures but she was there. My bro-in-law, Rodney, gave us door to door directions for getting home, this time avoiding the detour which delayed us on the way there. She is going to be 63 in September and doing great----other than the broken wrist, that is!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim:

I just saw the picture of you and your sister Carol. If you and I had been shopping together, there would have been a fight over that shirt for sure!!!!!!!!

Linda M.

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Linda M.:

I am assuming you meant mine....Ha! I got this one, plus others at CJ Banks in Onalaska when I shopped with Lori. Some are neutral colors, rather, one color rather than the entire pallet!!

Hugs,

Kim

Anonymous said...

Linda M. said:

Neutral colors!????!??! My idea of a neutral color is black or white. I may have a tan or moss green in the pile.

My Mom died 5 years ago in August.You have no idea how hard it was to find something in my closet without fringes or studs to wear for the funeral!

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Linda M.:

That is so funny! I bought a red top with tone on tone figures in it, sort of dressy, plus a black top that will work well for casual wear and cross over for more dressy occasions. Otherwise, I have a wild array of color in my suitcase. (I need more hangers!!!)

Hugs,

Kim