My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Boy, I really use a nap right about now...

....'cause I have a long night ahead of me! Take me out to the ball game, seventh inning stretch, the whole ball of wax in downtown Jax....Oh, I made a poem out of that! Joanne and her teammate from RE/MAX is taking a mess of their clients to the Jacksonville Suns game under the lights. Judy J. is riding with me but Twila had to beg off because she was not feeling well this afternoon and did not want to chance going to the game. From what I have heard there will be about 60 people in our group and hopefully I know many of them already.
*
Justin just left a little while ago after he spent some time doing the cleaning and such, plus we chatted. Always with the chatter when we are together. As I write, I am also watching/listening to a documentary about Woodstock. It is the 40th anniversary of the huge concert in the pastures of outside of New York City. While I am far away from that at this point in my life, at the time, as a young teenager, oh yeah...So many of the singers and groups who performed there are part of my collection yet, whether on 45 rpms, albums, 8-tracks (twice in a week that I mentioned the 8-tracks!), cassettes, and now CDs and downloads on the computer. And yes, some of my faves are dead, dying only the year after this big music event.
*
So, back to Justin being here---together we also cleaned the chandelier in the dining room which is a two-person job. He gets up on a chair and unscrews the bulbs and takes the dishes down, I scamper to the kitchen and wash them in hot sudsy water and come scampering back for the next batch. He wipes the arms and frame of the fixture as well so it all will look pretty for when the ladies come on Monday night for Ladies' Group. Our social this month is going to be here in conjunction with our monthly meeting. Thursday is our themed dinner which is going to be "My Favorite Dish"....Hhmmmm, wonder what I will make.....
*
I am also having a gathering here on the 23rd for all the music people from church. Kathy B. wants to have a social get-together so everyone involved with music, whether playing, singing, working on the MIDI, leading the Sunday school music, any of the above, or if they would like to at some point in their lives gets to know each other!!! Let's have a party at Kim's! I love nothing better, especially if it is church family meeting under my roof. If it nice out, we could go down to the pool but I guess we most likely will enjoy the social time up here in one group.
*
Well, it is nearly time to go for a car ride to the baseball field so I will sign off for now. Perhaps more is coming tonight but I would be surprised if I will feel like writing after we get home. I am teaching Sunday school in the morning so have to be at the top of my game tomorrow too! Can't wait to have my blue cotton candy tonight and a hot dog, to boot!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woodstock! I was 13 and lived in New Jersey. I'll never forget driving to do errands with my Mom and people laying on the medians and sides of the road sleeping or whatever as they worked their way back home. It was, according to Mom, nothing but a bunch of long haired hippy pot heads getting together and distroying the world with their long hair, drugs and music.
I was a John Denver and Carpenters fan. Later in life, Abba. I still love the stuff my Mom listened to also. Johnny Mathis, Glen Miller, Steve and Edie Gorme. Now they were some rebel singers! I aslo have Sesame Street oldies running through my head from time to time! Don't get me started on church hymns!
Such is Cindy's Woodstock!
PS...
Those people sleeping on the side of the road were scary when I was 13.
See you tomorrow!
Love Cindy S

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Cindy!

This triggered a comment from you, good!! The commenters have been rather quiet recently, I am guessing due to Facebook competition....

You got to live it, see it, and I had only to read and hear about it on the radio, or in Life Magazine. My sister and I were pretty much folk music listeners but I did expand into the rock music. The first album Lori and I owned together, bought at Kresge's, was "The Sounds of Silence" by Simon and Garfunkle. No Carpenters, but yes to Denver!

Hugs,

Kim