My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Saturday, August 22, 2009

I think I am ordering some pizza!

Not because I am in "need" of pizza, but because I am out of soda! Or nearly so....My boy, who was expected to be here this a.m. to do my vacuuming and deliver soda "had time get away from him" and he stood me up! "Frosted" barely covers the feelings I have about this, especially since his time got away from him while he was helping his father wax the boat instead of fulfilling his obligation to me! And then he HAD to get to the movies in less than 40 minutes....not deliver a baby, not help an old lady cross the street, not come and clean for his mother---nope, HAD to go to the movies with his little friends. I am having a church gathering here after church tomorrow, rather, after church and a congregational meeting, so his plan was to come right here after church to do the cleaning. Right... Do you get the feeling that I am royally ticked off right now??? Oh, yeah!
*
Of course, it is pouring rain once more this afternoon. I heard the rumblings beginning about an hour ago but only now did the rains begin. True to my word, I am drinking water, which will help stretch my remaining cans of soda until the pizza man comes. The Computer Guy is coming too in a few moments, as he called from 15 minutes away. It seems the repair was easy enough, something to do with running the Vista program repair or whatever to fix the corrupted file.
*
Wow, I guess I did not expect it run THAT much $$$ but with the house call, pick up and delivery, plus a repaired computer, I should not complain. I must be in a complaining mood today or something. My food is prepared, ready for tomorrow, including sloppy joes and pasta salad with peas and ham in it. Really, I cannot wait to dip into that salad later on when it is fully chilled! My kitchen is none the worse for the wear, in fact, the floor has been vacuumed and washed (not on hands 'n knees though!), ready for tomorrow. My wastebasket even smells so good because I put the onion container in there after making the joes. Guess the cabana is going to close early again today due to the rain plus my not being down there for my hot dog! Shoot! I could buy cans of soda down there....Nah, I can get in the car and go buy some, skip the pizza, and just do it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could feel the steam coming from your computer about Justin. I would not want to be him right about now. We are not getting rain now but it is cold and gray. Time to snuggle under the blankets.

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Jill!

Actually you would not want to be my vacuum cleaner right about now because I cleaned the pattern right out of my carpet! Burns my biscuits!

I am not the girl you want to mess with!

Smiling now,

Kim

Anonymous said...

Hope Sunday goes better for you.
I guess we all have those days. Just hang in there. I promise things will get better. Just give Saturday to the Lord.

Marcia

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Marcia!

Sunday was, is, fantastic and I rejoice in it. We had a great day today with the music people, wishing more would have come, but leftover sloppy joes never go to waste!

Blessings your way,

Kim