My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Monday, October 5, 2009

As morning breaks

Once again I was awake in the dark but Suzanne explained this all to me in her comment to Sunday's posting. She drives to work in downtown Jax before 7:00 a.m. and noticed that it is much darker than when she began her job a few weeks ago. What is going to happen when we "fall back" on November 1st? I will lose half the day waiting for the sunrise to wake me!
*
I had such a fun night last night without leaving my house! All evening long, it seemed, I chatted with my sisters in WI, in two separate cities, via Facebook. My day began with a chat with Linda before she had to get ready for church, and ended in Oshkosh chatting with Kerry. She helped me find some folding chairs with footrests that Judy J. and I have been looking for. Target carries them, logo chairs, but the "tool" used to see if area stores have them in stock was not available last night. I must check today or even just go to the store to see. If I do go to Target I must also remember to look for a color cartridge for my printer because it is starting to fade. Color is used a lot in this household and that is why I am not shy about putting printer cartridges on my CHRISTmas list! (If you have my name, I need HP 56 and 57...)
*
Sundays are slow TV nights normally, unless one of the teams I follow is playing football, that is. Fortunately my growing DVD library comes in handy plus I can watch about any program on hulu.com. The Family Channel was showing, back-to-back, "My Big, Fat, Greek Wedding", which I thoroughly enjoy. Even though I own this movie, I like to watch it on TV when I can catch it. As I wrote to Linda this a.m., I still laugh at the same scenes, am moved at the same scenes, and laugh some more. "You don't eat no meat?? You don't eat no meat?? (dishes crash to the floor in horror...) Don't worry, I make lamb!" Opa!!!
*
This weekend was a big one in the world of football (the Jaguars won!!!) and it continues tonight with a momentous game between the Green Bay Packers and Minnesota Vikings on Monday Night Football, kick-off at 8:35 pm. Ladies' Group meeting must be wrapped up quickly so I can be on my way! Besides the rivalry (my sister, Lynn, is a world-class gambler---she has to make chocolate chip cookies for her co-worker if the Vikings win) the former quarterback for the Packers is now with the Vikings, unless he has retired again since last night. In my hometown, my alma mater of Manitowoc Lutheran High, plus the public high of Lincoln, celebrated their homecomings. Both teams won their big games, yippee! My niece, Alayna, who lives north of MLHS, reported seeing the cross country team from Lincoln go running by, carrying the game ball to the opposing team's field, or from it, not sure which. That night was their big dance after the game and I received a lovely "gift" via Facebook from that dance:
These are two of my nieces, Alayna and Allie, who posed for a picture together to send me!!!! I get choked up just thinking about it. Both girls attend the public high school. Alayna is my sister, Kerry's, daughter, and Allie is the daughter of John and Mona, bro and sis in-law, who took care of my father-in-law. Alayna is a senior and is a class officer and Allie is a junior and part of the cross country team who carried the game ball. And they had a ball at the homecoming dance! Thanks, girls, for thinking about me down here, missing all the fun!

2 comments:

Darla Royal Maimbourg said...

Glad you got your chairs..everyone is looking for them here in Oklahoma..they are nice! Your nieces are absoulutely beautiful and I can't believe they're in high school...Kids look so much older today, then when I was in High School...

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Darla!

My sister found them on the website for Target. If have the chance, take a look at their site for the chairs.

Thanks for the compliments about my nieces. Imagine my joy that they thought of me. The picture is titled, "We took this one for Kim"---aw, shucks! Love it! and Love them!

Hugs,

Kim