My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Resting my bones....

.....before I head back to church for choir rehearsal and then the celebration of Reformation. I just settled down on my bed, legs up, after reheating some leftovers from Longhorn. This will tide me over until our feast at 5:00 pm when we enjoy our potluck. We are blessed to have a member/chef who is preparing the fatted calf (is Boston butt from a cow??) and the GS ladies are bringing the side dishes and desserts. I want to stop at Publix to get a cheesecake for dessert to share, plus my yummy baked beans which are presently in the oven. Love the smell of beans baking! I am also looking forward to seeing one of our former members, Dawn, as she joins us for the afternoon worship and dinner. And, our special guest, Justin Day!
*
Bible study was great today, especially now that we meet in the Fellowship Hall. It works much better to have tables in front of us for making notes, folks can have their coffee or soda, as the case might be, and seems to be much more interactive and participatory in this format. Only a few don't like it, would prefer sitting in the church on the soft pews but also do not want to go against what the rest have indicated. Our topic is "Christ's Love, Our Calling" and was about the church family. We are all part of the body of Christ, with our different 'callings' in service to the Lord and His people, to build each other up and bear with one another. I am testimony to that as I would hate to have endured the things I have in my life, like losing my child and then my marriage, without the love and support of my families---church, biological, and heart! Thank you everybody! Go, now, and celebrate our Lutheran heritage with your families!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi; I hope you show some pictures of the Reformation---Luther celebration. Our Ref. service will be at the MLHS next Sun.....always an inspiring service.Not attended as it should be but it is good to worship with the people from other congregations and the music is always wonderful.....the kids of course. Mom

Suzanne Chappell said...

Hi Kim,
I'm spending my lunch catching up on your blogs from yesterday. It was such a wonderful day! I just love Reformation!
I was so happy to see Dawn! I might have hugged her too hard, if it's possible.
Kristin was commenting after "regular" church that she wondered about bringing the kids, and I told her absolutely! She said.. but you always have help, to which I replied.. So do you! Your church family is always here to help! Just ask, and someone will take a child for you!

Hugs.. and reading on!
Suzanne

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Good afternoon, Mom!

I took a picture today of Gretchen with the Luther display, which came from her collection. She does not want them back, so we will preserve her items at church for posterity.

We had just less than 100 people yesterday and plenty of food. The music, the "good" Lutheran hymns, twice singing "A Mighty Fortress", plus "Onward, Christian Soldiers". You know the others already.....

Have a great day!

Kim

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Suzanne!

Glad you can spare a few minutes to read the blog postings! When I hugged Dawn the first time, in church, I,too, was afraid to hug so hard. It was just so wonderful to have her there and she told me it was good for her to be there. Terri Thompson saw her dad and she at Grumpy's on Saturday, which is so fun.

Kristin should have no worries about letting the others help out with the kids, Paul and Emily helped out at the dinner, I saw. Paul gave Samuel a very messy cookie....thanks, Paul!!

Hugs and smiles,

Kim