My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Monday, October 19, 2009

So starts the week

God morning all! Finally I decided to throw off the covers and climb out to face the world. In my bed I could use the "laptop" while burrowing under the comforter but here at this desk, the sun shines on my face and warms me. My feet are cold, because they are bare, but my face feels nice. The cupcake is still on my desk, staring at me and smelly entirely too delicious but it can just wait for me until I get home later on. The first order of business today is Bible study and then lunch with the ladies afterward.
*
My sister-in-law, Barb, told me last night that Justin's and my exchange names for CHRISTmas should be arriving any day now so I have another reason to hit the mailbox other than at the beginning of the month when my check is expected. Once a week or longer sometimes, I stop at the box to torment myself with yet more paper to cover to my desk. Garbage in, garbage out! Much of it, anyway. Soon the lobby trash receptacle will be re-installed near the mailboxes and the sorting of the junk mail can take place well before bringing it all up with me. But I will watch to see whose names we get so my brain can start working on that. If I can take care of it when up in WI for ThanksLiving, I will. Barb's parents, the Petska's, did the name draw for Justin and me, so only they know who we have, the big secret!
Here is Justin and me with Harvey and Clara in their kitchen last CHRISTmas. We look a bit blurry because the photographer was not familiar with my camera, it was sort of heavy for him to support. I am in my Jaguar outfit and Justin in his Florida Gator jacket.(When I looked at this picture, I looked a bit like Barb---had to do a double-take! I have my red driving glasses on which makes me look like her, too, I guess!)
*
Time to leave for Bible study so must dress my feet in the appropriate footwear. By the end of the week the temps will be back up to the 80's but right now, it is snowshoe weather---44 above zero when I woke up! Yikes!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,
Hope your feet warm up!
It seems to early to think about Christmas but I have been. We are expecting grandchild #6 on Dec 3 so it will be a busy busy month. Hope to get a head start on gifts and get that out of the way so the month can really be enjoyed.
Have a great day and hope the sun stays with you.
DeeDee

Darla said...

I need to start shopping for CHRISTmas! If I don't then I'm going to be caught in the mad dash of last minute shopping. I hope you warmed up today! The wind here in Tulsa blew to 15 MPH and even though it was 76 degrees, seemed like a chilly mid 60's...

OK..I think that Justin is your son right? MY GOSH..look how tall he is compared to his mama! LOL...He's a good looking kid!

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Dee Dee!

Yes, it is early to think about the shopping part of CHRISTmas but not the "real" part, right? The reason the names came so early is because my sis-in-law happened to be up in WI so they went ahead and did the drawing.

Congratulations on the pending grandbaby, such great fun coming your way!

Warmed up now!

Kim

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Darla!

Even though CHRISTmas comes at the same time every year, people are still caught off guard...how come? I think we make it "work" instead of the pleasure that it is...my opinion.

I did warm up as the temps soared to 65 degrees by mid-afternoon. My house is 74 tonight but hopefully tomorrow will warm enough to bring that number up again. That wind chill factor is a terrible thing!

Yes, Justin is my son, age 22, and seems to be a bit taller than me---by about 13"!!! Thanks for the compliment about his precious face...

Hugs,

Kim