My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Saturday, May 26, 2012

I'm home!

Ah, it feels so nice, lying on my own bed, with the laptop replacing the cell phone as my primary communication device! I am so thankful to have access to the DSL again, once Justin got me reconnected in my bedroom. He'd 'borrowed it' while I was gone, using the wireless service thingy in his room for faster service. I get that! I get that!

The trip home was just fine, no struggles and little confusion. The only thing that messed with my head was having to commute from the B Concourse in Atlanta to the F Concourse, which was also the International departure area. I double checked the monitors on the wall, verified it by checking the Internet with my phone, plus asked a man who met the subway train to make sure I was right. He confirmed it was correct, F10 is where I wanted to be. Huh....I could have shopped in the duty-free stores if I'd had a need for any perfume or giant purses!

Justin picked me up from the airport right on time and off we went to Longhorn! We had to wait for a table, but it was worth it. My former co-worker, Scotty, and his wife were dining with a larger group, celebrating a graduation. It was so nice to see them again, and he was amazed to see how grown up Justin is. I brought home a sizable leftover steak to have another time, and home we came to get me unloaded. After the cheese curds and summer sausage was put away, I had a square of his delicious Strawberry Pretzel Torte, which he made today. And with that, I go to bed! More tomorrow! Thanks be to God for the safe travels!!

No comments: