My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Friday, April 25, 2014

Sunflowers galore!

The other day on Facebook someone commented about sharing my fondness for sunflowers. I offered to take pictures of what I have in my house. Today I went around with my camera and took pictures of my sunflower decorator items and memorabilia, to share. 

 This piece is the one that started the entire conversation about sunflowers, when I took Timmy's piece in to be photographed and framed at Great Hang Ups. 
 An early art piece of Justin's, before he perfected his letters. Dee expertly cut the mats to the shape of the flowers
 This piece was painted by Justin in 2001. Because it was so good, his teacher wanted to use it in an auction to raise money after the terror attacks of 9/11. We left the choice up to Justin as to whether to keep it or auction it off. He chose to keep it because "Timmy loved sunflowers..."
 My front door wreath
 Here is the new blue vase from Nancy W. with my sunflower bouquet, perched on my sunflower bird bath in the foyer
This window pane artwork was purchased on a fun outing with Brenda N. at Volano Beach

My entire collection is not shown here, but a good portion of my sunflower pieces made the cut.

No comments: