My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Friday, February 16, 2018

Humpty Dumpty

...had a great fall. Yup, I've joined the club of which my sister, Lynn, is President. In rushing about in my room/bathroom, I believe one of my slippers jumped out in front me and I began my fancy, graceful dance toward my bed, missing my mark. Bang! Down I went on the floor after hitting against my bed and moving it over about 10".  I listened for my ornate fused glass lamp to hit the floor, being pushed over by my bed, but neither the table nor the lamp were knocked over. From the floor I was able to reach up and grab my phone from the lap desk on the bed and message Justin that I had fallen. He texted back that he was almost home and asked if I was okay. I told him to not rush, I was okay. I text Linda, too, who was waiting for me on the chat. (I'd quickly dashed to the bathroom during a commercial when Linda and I were chatting during The Five). She asked if I was okay, and I said I was. At least, I thought I was. 

I decided that nothing was broken and managed to get myself up on my sore knees. From there I pulled myself up to standing, assessed my situation, and then got myself situated back on my bed where I belonged, chatting with Linda! I texted Justin again, telling him I was up and on the bed, but he was nearly home. I am sure he was glad (and a bit scared) that he didn't have to try to get me up, or that I was injured. He is always worried about my tripping over the cord for my computer which runs between the bed and the wall outlet. Nine times out of 10 my foot grabs that cord, or I step on the junction box, causing a fancy two-step or something....Plus, I have a rug that has lost its grip over the years and slides underfoot. He brought that up as well, saying I'm too cheap to replace that rug with one that won't slip. I'd say he was a bit upset. I assured him I was fine, only broke one finger nail.

I'd made plans to have dinner with my neighbor, Debbie, and he had opted to stay in since he was so tired from working. When I got home again after dinner, he came in my room and together we moved my bed back to where it belonged in the room. I'm sure tomorrow I will be achy and sore from all this, my left knee already is, but I am thanking the Lord for the soft, relatively, landing I made. I think that if the bed was not there to stop my running dance trying to regain my footing, I would have ended up in the river, going head first out the window! The last time I fell, that I can recall, was when I was expecting Timmy, which was nearly 23 years ago. Please let it be at least that long before anything like this happens again. I must find a new place to put my slippers! 

No comments: