My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Scratching my head

Have you ever had this happen to you? I'd had a conversation with someone and thought of something that could be a blessing for them, but not remembered with whom the conversation took place? It happened to me just recently and it was making me batty. I did the whole re-trace my steps thing, putting dates and people together, racking my brain for who it was I spoke with at some length, remembering I had something to share with them. Hmmm....who was that?

Most of my time is spent with the church family and Justin, and I was fairly confident it was not them. Terri is my most frequent dining partner but it was not with her that I had this conversation. Today I was using my scanner and discovered a piece of paper I had been in search of for this friend. Just who in the world was it???

Then, when I least expected it, my memory came back to me who it was with whom I ate dinner. It was my neighbor, Debbie! And she can make good use, I hope, of this piece of paper I found in my scanner. Man, that was driving me wild, trying to figure out who I discussed this subject with (acts of kindness) and who I thought would benefit from a list of 100 such acts. The list was a special gift to me from Gus, my sweet downstairs neighbor, on my birthday, no less. Now I will share it with my upstairs neighbor, to the benefit of the young people in the program for teens she runs for our County. 

Debbie's and my meal together was memorable, just not enough to click what I was thinking of to give her. I get a pass because it was the same night as my tumble in the bedroom. That is my story, and I am sticking to it! 

Now my brain can rest until another such a cramp takes place and I have to exercise my memory once again. Oh, boy, I hate having that happen and hope to not make a practice of it! 

No comments: