My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Minutes from Linda J. Day!

I hope my readers are able to keep up with these Minutes of the Church Secretary's Union Meeting....which are being presented in reverse order! Is that parliamentary? I'd guess probably not!
*****
Saturday was designated by the Union members as "Linda J. Day" which began with a therapeutic massage by Carol. It was Linda's first massage and she is sold! One of the first things she's going to do when arriving back "home" is find a therapist for herself, because it was so beneficial. It didn't take away her wounded knee, and it won't for the first treatment, but overall, it's a wonderful experience and Linda loved it!
*****
No visit to Salon 2000 is complete without stopping at Great Hang Ups, so we popped in there following her massage. Julia did some hotel research for me on the computer using her AAA membership and found some great deals, pursuading me to join AAA. The savings on the hotel and airfare more than pay for the membership fee! Those ladies at Great Hang Ups are truly full service, don't ever doubt that!
*****
Justin, who had been staying at his father's with Mickey (oh, my goodness, I nearly typed "Timmy" instead of Mickey!!) joined us for lunch at Honey Bee's. While there we ran into Michael, my former co-worker. It was great to see him and we've made plans to get together later in the month. Our meals were wonderful, reminiscent of Sister's Tea Room, to whom these new owners are related. Hence, the delicious corn chowder...mmmmmm! Justin was heading to get his hair cut and an oil change, two separate appointments (ha, ha, ha) so off he went. Linda and I came back home to allow her to 'marinate', as Carol calls it, before we once again headed out the door to our next event for Linda J. Day!
*****
So goes the first half of the official "Linda J. Day"!

No comments: