My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

What an awesome day it turned out to be!

On the way to choir rehearsal I gave my mom a call to let her know that the "other" Hahm's were moving to Milwaukee, as James accepted his Call to Wisconsin Lutheran High School. This information came through facebook, which I attempted to explain to Mom. Since it was too complicated for over the phone, she is going to ask Alayna to show her on the weekend. I also told Mom about the schoolmates who have reached out to me through facebook already and about Jami going to Las Vegas to reconnect with her classmates for their 40th birthdays. Cool!
*
She asked me how my neck, shoulder, and other aches were after the massage and I told her I felt better because Carol said such nice things to me. Mom said she would say nice things to me too so I would feel better, and proceeded to tell me how sweet I am and that she loved me.....I love you, too, Mom!
*
Last night at Bible study Leanne was telling me about recently looking through a book of velum quotes that Caroline had in her scrapbook supplies and found one that made her think of me. That is sweet enough, but then she told me what it said: "You make God smile". Wow! Those are mighty big shoes to fill. Today, during my massage treatment, Carol again brought up how much she admires me and my friendships with people. The woman at the registration desk thanked me for referring 10 people to Carol since October of 2007, either my friends or my family, technically they fall into both categories! You are welcome! Carol described me as being the kind of person who, like a boat with a motor, propels through the water, leaving a wake. I have no idea, according to Carol, how my "wake" affects or rubs off on other people. I got quite choked up when she said that because this is not the first time she has offered me such high praise.
*
I just LOVE it that the Lord has seen fit to incorporate such wonderful people into my life, now more than ever, and that my friends are able to get to know each other and interact, like Kathy B. and Dee did this past weekend. Dee, Julia, and I spent about an hour this afternoon looking up passages both in the Bible and using the on-line reference I introduced them to, biblegateway.com. This past week I had a great gathering of friends around my table to enjoy comfort foods and company with Linda. All those attending gave rave reviews and are looking forward to the next time. "'Til we meet again...."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim, Reading the blog tonight made me think of the song. God is good all the time. He put a song praise in this heart of mine. God is good, God is good, all the time.

Keep on singing HIS song.

Diane

Anonymous said...

Good morning,
I think that is a great analogy, about you leaving a wake! You don't realize how you touch the people you meet every day! I want to be like you when I grow up!

Love and hugs,
Linda

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Diane,

Thanks for the encouragement! It sounds as though you and I have much in common, except the grandma part, and the volleyball part, and the cooking part..........BUT, we have songs in our hearts!

Hugs and blessings,

Kim

Kim Lahaie Day said...

God morning, Linda!

Dee, too, was impressed with the description of me by Carol, and did not appreciate my attempt at humor when I said I was a destroyer.....She gave me her version of a head smack, more like a correctiong look, oooh. Cindy S. at church likes to say that to me, too, that she wants to be like me when she grows up....Have you two been talking???

Love and hugs,

Kim