My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Okay, I'm back!

Sorry for missing a day of posting on Tuesday! I have no good excuse other than getting caught up on my desk stuff, writing e-mails and tarrying on Facebook instead. I read Lisa's blog, Suzanne's blog, Jami's blog, and lovely e-mail from Judy R. who is back from Mexico. E-mails were flying forth and back regarding our upcoming event at church when the LES Team from Synod is coming to give us their informed opinion as to whether or not we should consider adding grades to our preschool. This has been a labor-intensive project and now the final "intensive" item on the agenda is whether we have a pot luck or a cooked on-site meal on Sunday!!! No detail is too insignificant to be addressed by Janet and me! We are without a Fellowship Elder at church due to a shortage of men willing to serve so things have to be taken on by individuals or teams to have them happen. No matter what, we will have lunch one way or another that Sunday, even if we have to order pizzas!
*
I am going to ride along with my friend, Jennifer, to a medical appointment downtown this morning. She is concerned about getting the gown on and off, and might need my assistance with that, plus offer moral support. I can do that. She already declared that at some point she is going to need breakfast or lunch so I am prepared for that as well. This afternoon I am going to see my dear friend, Carol, for a therapeutic massage. My neck, shoulders, upper arms, and lower back are just giving me a fit (can she fix fits???) so I made the decision to go have a treatment. Some of my church friends were talking about the chiropractor Monday, simply swearing by the benefits of that, and even Carol goes for an adjustment touch-up periodically. I am concerned it is a racket but if these ladies have benefited from their visits with the chiro, it may be the next step for me, too.
*
Saturday's brunch was wildly successful in many ways, including the goal of getting new, fresh faces and names on board to Chair various projects the Ladies' Group has lined up for the year. The five or six of us who actually show up for the meetings can hardly be expected to do all these service projects and we wanted to throw in some more things not necessarily service oriented, such as a Women's Health Fair. Believe it if you will, I had originally signed-up for the Health Fair (now stop laughing! Stop it!!) but as I told the assembled group Saturday, I would be glad to surrender Chairing that event if someone else wanted it! Sure enough, that afternoon, a young mom from the congregation who is in a nursing program offered to tackle this project and relieved me of duty! Now it might be taken seriously! Others have signed on to Chair or simply participate which is exactly what we were hoping for. My one friend she would head up a program to gather product coupons which can be sent to the servicemen, for use in their commissaries. No attention is paid to expiration dates which makes this a wonderful help to those trying to support their families on soldier's pay. But, this lady made it clear, "I am NOT joining the Ladies' Group!" Alright then....
*
It is nearly time for my ride to arrive and I can hear sirens blaring from the streets.....yep, let's hit the road, sister!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You throw us for a loop when you don't post daily. With my new aches I have considered going to get a massage. I am all for chiropractors too. They have always helped me. Of course mine has a sense of humor and wants me to bend over and touch my toes. It is that time again to go to and get dan off to school and myself to work. Have a great day! Love and hugs!

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Jill!

You made me laugh already today and I will bet you do not know why.....I am thinking about your experience at the chiro. and wonder if that is why you quit going..............

Hugs,

Kim

kathy b said...

I am sad that I couldn't attend the brunch Sat. - but you know why! You'll have to update me - wow, we've got a lot of updating to do! It's great that some gals have stepped forward - that's what we need.

Hope to see you tonight!

Join me in prayer for my Mom - the home is suggesting we call in hospice :(.

Anonymous said...

No I switched chiro's after the other incident!