My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Monday, March 9, 2009

Prayers are answered but....

....hearts are aching. As a result of sitting in chambers with the Judge for a more than 30 minute hearing, upon weighing the testimony, he did rule in my favor, but at a substantial reduction in the amount of alimony. I do not want to discuss it right now, my emotions are a bit raw. It was tough seeing and hearing how badly the market and decision making has affected my former business, my friends, my former co-workers, and probably my son....I just can't talk about it right now. But, many thanks for the great support offered and I ask for more prayers that this market comes back sooner rather than later to preserve the jobs and incomes of others in this real estate market........

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Kim:

GOOD MORNING; if you were here I could give you a big hug....I'm trying not to have bad thoughts .....love, Mom

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Mom,

I have many thoughts, mostly sad ones, because I hate to see all that hard work going down the tubes. Lori reminded me about how hard we worked, working all the time, me often two jobs at times, etc. I know this is not my doing, but I still feel sad about it. Pray for the economy to recover, sensibly!

Hugs,

Kim

Anonymous said...

Good morning Kim--I can't tell you how sorry I am the situation didn't worked out as we prayed and hoped. I, too, remember how hard you worked when I was at GS. I do not remember the situation but you were working at Sprint and you came to the church. Something drastic happened, I don't think it was church related, but you were so calm; you didn't get excited. I especially remember it because I remember telling you I would have been a basket case..not exactly those words but I would not have reacted as you did. Whatever it was I remember it like it was yesterday. Lots of love,hugs and anything else that would help.

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Rosalie:

My sister recalled the other night about all the hours and work we put into our company, always working, even though we had kids. I wish I remember what the situation was that you mention, but thank you for having such a fond memory of it, and me. You make me feel very special, but not as special as you are, my friend!

Love you,

Kim