My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Travis won!!!!!!!

I just got home from Travis' celebration party at Holiday Inn and it truly was a celebration! He won handily over his Republican opponent and now has to gear up for the November elections. If he thought this battle was tough, well, it's going to get tougher yet! The Democrat running against him is a River Road dweller and most of those folks were rabidly against having the Poker Room added to the dog track, which Travis supported. This could be a problem and I hope "we" can overcome this arguement.
*
In speaking with Jessica, his fiance this evening, I told her if the battle gets ugly and mud starts to fly, or get down and dirty, I was out. She said they'd (the election committee) already decided not to stoop low and lower the standards, that it wasn't worth it. And this is why I love Travis!

No comments: