My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Various and assorted photographs


Gabe and Manny look like cool dudes, waiting for our table at Clark's Fish Camp. We are so glad we went on the very first day they were here as conditions deteriorated quickly starting Sunday!
The boys and Noah really got a kick out of the decor of the fish camp, totally surprised by what they found once inside the doors. Not what you'd expect at all. We were able to enjoy our meal on the open porch (a.k.a. 'fetid' swamp, as Lori called it) and Manny took great pleasure in throwing food to the turtles and alligator. Noah enjoyed his meal, the stuffed flounder, which Mom said is the best meal in a restaurant she's ever had! He didn't care much for my fried dill pickles but did like his alligator nuggets. Some like pickles, some like pencil erasers......

Looking like he's about to go up in the Space Shuttle, Manny is strapped into his car seat, ready to head to the airport. Gabe was on the other side of the car, trying to climb up into his seat, when it tipped and he fell backward from the car. All we adults were busy hugging and kissing good-bye and didn't notice he was on the way up. Gabe was fine but his clothes were wet so Noah and Lisa rapidly stripped him down and changed him just inside the garage, with no one the wiser. Some day he'll appreciate the adage about patience being a virtue.

Here is a great shot of the boys watching the storm from my family room window. Lynn and I put the glass back into place after moving it a couple days earlier--just in case! My left hand window was wiggling in the wind because it's not fully latched and we couldn't get it to lock in. A trusty piece of packing tape prevented it from making the noise of metal against metal. The shelf needed dusting anyway.....We ended up putting one candle holder back on the glass shelf because Lynn would forget it was there and hit her face on it when trying to look out. The candle reminded her head the glass shelf was there!


Gabe looks pensive as he rests his head on my foot stool. I was so proud of how the boys entertained themselves during our basic "lock-down" existence. I'd apologized to Tracy in the house below mine, explaining the boys need to run their little legs every now again. She thought I had a dance machine going up here.....right! Well, I could probably do that dancing now that I have my new bra! Justin's bringing them the Play Doh was absolutely brilliant, and I don't care one little bit if there was a mess on my glass topped table. Having no electricity allowed the boys to play using imagination and crayons, like in the old days when we wrote with chalk on a slate......okay, that's a bit of a stretch, I admit it!

At Gabe's recent VBS, the kids were taught to clap their hands when the talking and noise level got too high. It seems the clapping catches on and the kids realize they are to be quiet and applaud. Lisa and the boys demonstrated this for us Saturday when the noise level got a bit higher than we'd like. It shut Justin right up!!






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,
thanks for the pictures, the boys are so adorable! It looks like they had a good time in spite of the storm.
I enjoyed the pictures of the storm also. I'm glad you shared them!
Love and hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Thank you for giving me a reason to chuckle today. The bra part. I can jsut imagine you celebrating that occasion.